Cali Kid Corals

BAR needs YOU!! (we need a new banner design)

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5126.msg74156#msg74156 date=1231862464]
? I think the subject of this thread should not be "Bar needs you!" It should be "New Banner Design Competition, winner gets first pick at next frag trade" or something like that.

[/quote]

The subject is "Re: BAR needs YOU!! (we need a new banner design)". There has been no special conciliation for the "winner" other than pride. However, if you want to start up a winner pool, more power to you :)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

I can make vector versions too.

I have no artistic skill, and my comments do not mean to piss on anyones design, but.... someone want to whip up something that doesn't involve a clownfish? :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5126.msg74173#msg74173 date=1231867166]
I have no artistic skill, and my comments do not mean to piss on anyones design, but.... someone want to whip up something that doesn't involve a clownfish? :D

[/quote]

I would also add that it would seem appropriate that the background would include SPS considering the strengths of the BAR memebers...IMO. I'll take a stab at this also later on when I've got some time. I'll try at least. ;D

I like pixelpixi's. It's consistent with our logo - which I feel is the best logo around. The only thing I would l change is the clownfish. It should be MY clownfish :)

Clownfish is in the original BAR logo - so I used it to match the theme. Also I have almost no sps to take pics, but I have lots of clownfish pics.

Some of the ones floating around on the banner headings on the top of both SPS and LPS are fantastic. Especially some of the macro shots from Eric

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=5126.msg74170#msg74170 date=1231866891]
Vlad's #3 I like the best out of that group.
[/quote]
+1

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=5126.msg74153#msg74153 date=1231836335]
I think it's a great idea to have something that's a vector drawing for those purposes (and our existing logo is great, IMO) However, I think it's also nice to have something in full color for web stuff and color printing. There's definitely room for both.

My goal with this design was to create a colorful and modern look while still tying into the design of our more graphic vector logo. It's really meant to supplement not supplant.

[/quote]

In that case I like yours the best (for web and color print) :)

Can I suggest you make the left area cover 2/3's and leave 1/3 open to play more into the rule of thirds? I think that would appease those that think the left needs something more :) Just a suggestion and definitely not a complaint as I like it how it as all ready :)

I got board and did something up real quick..............

Now that I look at it it kinda looks like a Ian knock off

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5126.msg74212#msg74212 date=1231873942]
[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=5126.msg74153#msg74153 date=1231836335]
I think it's a great idea to have something that's a vector drawing for those purposes (and our existing logo is great, IMO) However, I think it's also nice to have something in full color for web stuff and color printing. There's definitely room for both.

My goal with this design was to create a colorful and modern look while still tying into the design of our more graphic vector logo. It's really meant to supplement not supplant.

[/quote]

In that case I like yours the best (for web and color print) :)

Can I suggest you make the left area cover 2/3's and leave 1/3 open to play more into the rule of thirds? I think that would appease those that think the left needs something more :) Just a suggestion and definitely not a complaint as I like it how it as all ready :)
[/quote]

Yeah, that's a good idea. I had originally designed this as a web site banner, which is why it is long. Here's a 3:1 aspect ratio crop.

3194207061_299e005bd4_o.jpg

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5126.msg74173#msg74173 date=1231867166]
[/quote]

I was thinking it would be really cool to have a bunch of variations on the theme with different pairs of symbiotic animals. Clown and Anemone, Bangaii Cardinal and Urchin, Monitopora and Nudibrach...

Okay maybe not that last one. :)

Are there any other suggestions for symbiotic pairs?

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5126.msg74236#msg74236 date=1231877783]
none with the macroalgae?? :( ???
[/quote]

Thank god!

Back