Neptune Aquatics

BAR's Swap Bonus/Ultra Coral List

I think bonus/ultra is an ever evolving system, the list is used more as an example of what ones possibly qualify. Unfortunately when you re-use an old post it can be hard to merge up old stuff with new.
Yes, I agree. One easy way to keep it less confusing is to edit the first post (which functions similar to a sticky post, which is what this really needs) to keep that up-to-date. So if someone in-the-know has time that would be very useful.

Hello All,
Still not exactly sure how the bonus corals work. this will be my first frag swap and new to BAR. i have quit a few of large colony's.
What exactly qualifies for the Bonus. Yellow eye Pectini for instance ?

Hello All,
Still not exactly sure how the bonus corals work. this will be my first frag swap and new to BAR. i have quit a few of large colony's.
What exactly qualifies for the Bonus. Yellow eye Pectini for instance ?

read the bonus coral lists to see if you have any that qualify. space invader pectinia is a ultra coral.

ultra coral = 1 ticket for the bonus round
3 bonus corals = 1 ticket for the bonus round

yellow pectini coral.jpg
Does this beauty qualify ?

What about Tub Stella Montipora and WWC Slimeball? Just checking since I'll have some. And for the record, I was fragging some Walt Disney last week and it's almost not possible to frag off a 1" piece because of the growth pattern. Same is true on a lot of Tenuis that grows close to the main "stalk"

Last edited:
I hate to be "that guy" (not really... I love being him!) but if you haven't made frags of your bonus/ultra corals, you should leave them be. Last thing you want (and by you, I mean that poor slob who picks your coral based on the fancy name on the container) is a slime filled container full of dead coral because it didn't have time to heal up with good flow in your system after fragging.

I hate to be "that guy" (not really... I love being him!) but if you haven't made frags of your bonus/ultra corals, you should leave them be. Last thing you want (and by you, I mean that poor slob who picks your coral based on the fancy name on the container) is a slime filled container full of dead coral because it didn't have time to heal up with good flow in your system after fragging.

Mine have been cut and on the rack for weeks in most cases. Last week on a few.

I’m opposite. I’d rather have a fresh cut piece. Being that I pop them off the plug anyway, it would essentially be a fresh cut piece when I put it in my tank.

I’ve given fresh cut pieces and received fresh cut pieces from others with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m opposite. I’d rather have a fresh cut piece. Being that I pop them off the plug anyway, it would essentially be a fresh cut piece when I put it in my tank.

I’ve given fresh cut pieces and received fresh cut pieces from others with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I prefer fresh cuts with no plug or rock if possible.

Back