Cali Kid Corals

BEST DAY EVAR! :D

OK, thanks! :)
I've started using coffee filters for a rotifer strainer, but only temporarily. I ordered a sieve from Seahorse Source as well as a bunch of airline equipment. I can set up another 10 Gallon tank if I decide to raise more batches at one time.

Do not culture rotifers in rectangular GLASS tanks. Use 5 gallon plastic buckets (round) :) You'll get much better results, trust me.

GreshamH said:
Do not culture rotifers in rectangular GLASS tanks. Use 5 gallon plastic buckets (round) :) You'll get much better results, trust me.

Euphyllia said:
I can set up another 10 Gallon tank if I decide to raise more batches at one time.

I meant set up a 10 Gallon tank for babies so that if they lay eggs while I'm raising one batch I can raise that batch too. I keep my rotifers in a 5 Gallon bucket. I followed the instructions that came with them, but the only one I actually looked at was the emptying 1/3 of the rotifers every day because I had everything already set up. I used rotifer.com to put together the setup before the rotifers arrived.

Excellent :)

If you have any, and I mean any rotifer questions feel free to send me an email. We prefer to have emails rather then posts as then if some one has a new question we haven't gotten yet, we can add it to out mast list for our CS team.

So I'll be building a tank for my girlfriend at the end of summer, just in time for one of your fish to mature. Mind if I call dibs on buying one of your first ones for her? :D

iCon already got dibs on buying a pair or two. Once iCon has gotten the number of fish he wants then you can get some. I'll start a thread in the buy sell trade once these have gone through metamorphosis. I'm still not sure of how many I'll have, so I'll count them up after metamorphosis. They will be old enough to sell at 2-3 months old I think.

Euphyllia said:
iCon already got dibs on buying a pair or two. Once iCon has gotten the number of fish he wants then you can get some. I'll start a thread in the buy sell trade once these have gone through metamorphosis. I'm still not sure of how many I'll have, so I'll count them up after metamorphosis. They will be old enough to sell at 2-3 months old I think.

Did you see phong's reply back on page 7

Elite said:
I thought it takes 5-6 months before you can actually sell them?? I think it would be a better start if you just want to raise them for fun/learn before even thinking about selling them. You wouldn't be so disappointed if you don't get your $ back. I spent over $100 and many hours just to raise 9 banggai. I gave them all away when they big enough. Anyway good luck to you man..

You may want to do a little more looking to see what is common, good job so far on reading up and following through

The babies are doing awesome! About 50-75 left and they are the size of baby guppies. Oh, and today I couldn't find the male so I looked where they laid eggs last time and still - no male. I looked to the left and there was an even bigger patch of eggs that look to be able 1-2 days old. They lay eggs exactly every 14 days, which means the fry must be 5 days old! Time to break out the artemia! :D

Euphyllia said:

lol awesome. These fish will make for a great story :)

Thanks e

I was looking at the patch of eggs and there about 500. (and that is counting on my deceptive vision)
Hopefully this time I can get them all in one scoop... that would be cool. A bowl with 500+ clownfish. :bigsmile:

I noticed last night after adding my clowns nem back into the tank, that they too have layed "billions and billions of eggs" the tangs are already circling like a pack of sharks

Back