High Tide Aquatics

Best Light for 25 Gallon Solana Cube?

99sf

Searching for some opinions about which light fixture would be best for a rimless 18" Solana cube. Will probably be stocked with LPS & some SPS. Trying to avoid a bulky fixture that would prevent a top-down view, and will be able to use a hanging bar to suspend a light. Suggestions?

Hmm this kinda blocks top down but you could raise it enough to not :)

http://www.ecoxotic.com/products/panorama-led-lighting/panorama-led-fixtures.html

FWIW it's design just for your Solana :)

Eileen, we're contemplating MH or LED. Price-wise, leaning toward the mid range.

Gresham, that light fixture looks awesome, pictured above a Solana. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of the price range $)

Forgot to mention that this tank will need enough light for a maxima clam.

But it will last 4-5 years with no bulb changes and is enough for a clam from what other users have told me :)

Look into the MH/LED pendant from Reef Brite. It's very sexy and has the best of both worlds. Neptune's can get them and I heard Reef Brite stopped by the SF stores so hopefully one of them (OTA?) will pick up the line as well.

als-2.jpg

If I were going with a pendant, that is the one I would get.

looks like ocean treasures is also carrying Reefbrite i bought all mine from neptunes....... trust me when i say the reefbrite is well worth the money and the led/mh setup is sweet saw it at BAYMAC

Online it's listed at like around $150 minus LEDs and $400 with LEDs. Dunno what LFS's would charge.

Reef Brite has been pushed by many to offer other colors (anodized IIRC, not powder coated) :) I'd love to see it in black or white.

GreshamH said:
Reef Brite has been pushed by many to offer other colors (anodized IIRC, not powder coated) :) I'd love to see it in black or white.

It is possible to anodize in different colors correct? I had some LE Independent skate trucks back in the day that were copper colored, I wish I didn't destroy them on the Annie Sez steps back in the day.

Pssshhhh up until like 15 years ago I had two full sets of OG OJ wheels, the first ones (the soft ones). Those Indies sound cool, never saw them.. lucky dog. You know how many decks I destroyed that were limited editions like that? Too many to count. One nice aspect of being a skater kid in Santa Cruz.

Yah I think it'll be anodized so copper could be done.

I have some original bones wheels at my moms, Not Rat Bones, but bones, 3 red and one yellow. Dammit I'm dating myself, although I still wish I had the old Skull and Sword to go with them :D

Oh don't date yourself, that never turns out good. Just think about it, when you get in a fight with yourself only you can loose :p

Now I am wondering if they were OJ II's? damn it. I'm getting old and can't remember useless facts like this :p

We're only a few months apart in age ;) We had real skateboards here in SC in the 70's :p I did start on a banana board.

My friends aunt was the fastest downhill female banana board rider. She put all us kids to shame, even knew some cool tricks.

Back