High Tide Aquatics

Big thanks to Jepoy for above and beyond service to the club!

If I recall @jepoy mentioned that he does this professionally among other things. Since he is so generous and pro-active about it, I think the least we could do is encourage him to give a plug for his business here on the forums (if he wants).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh snap.. my very own thread? Lol.. it’s nothing guys, helping out with the graphics is just my little way of paying it forward to the club since I have no corals to share yet... unless y’all want some Jason Fox signature GHA’s? Kidding aside, this club has done more for me than I for it.. in fact, I literally just picked up free coral from @RandyC.. thanks again bro!

So it’s cool.. although if you guys are sending me to Turks and Caicos I’m not gonna say no [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I recall @jepoy mentioned that he does this professionally among other things. Since he is so generous and pro-active about it, I think the least we could do is encourage him to give a plug for his business here on the forums (if he wants).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t really have my own business.. I do freelance stuff rarely. But I wouldn’t mind getting a free plug on the banner as “Jepoy-International Pimp”. Bruce, should I add this to the artwork?

Reactions: JVU
I don’t really have my own business.. I do freelance stuff rarely. But I wouldn’t mind getting a free plug on the banner as “Jepoy-International Pimp”. Bruce, should I add this to the artwork?

Just add it in using micro printing. Sort of like what they do with paper money!

looks good - are the vendors below the vendors for the event only? Is Kessil missing?

Well that's an interesting question. The logos on the banner are "sponsors" -- not just vendors that help us out. Except for Reef Nutrition who I lobbied pretty hard for some nice stuff. Should we add Kessil and Neptune Systems as well?

Do sponsors come and go often? If so, and the plan is to use this banner for multiple years does it make sense to put them on the banner?

So there's been some grumbling from sponsors that they were asked for stuff every year, but the club didn't reciprocate enough so the idea is simply to push really hard to include them and do marketing for them during our events. Can't say how often they come and go other than I think there's only one that has dropped out in the few years I've been around and frankly I'm having the banner done for $90.00 so it's not the end of the world if it has to be replaced in a couple more years.

As a former sponsorship BOD director for 3 years, I would say make a general Banner with no sponsors listed, and make one with. For the current one with...List out "2018 Sponsors" or just leave off the year. If they supported us before we can advertise for them afterwards - no harm done....except maybe new sponsor that want to be added?

As for getting people in the stores - I used recommend them to give us items that would require the people to visit them...Gift cards, or even vouchers for like clean up crew. Live coral and hard goods are harder so those are normal on hand donations. Some places I used to say if you want to track our numbers/ROI - they gave us a business card with a stamp for like 10% or something for BAR/dated as well. When they were used then they could track the number of cards used/returned. This back in the day where there were double the stores around. Also I would do Store stores too, telling them months in advance to plan out dates - that gave them time to stock up for us or at least be close to delivery dates.

I don’t know how much companies pay to be a sponsor, but I’m guessing $90 is still relatively a lot to be spending every year for a new banner when a sponsor comes or goes.

I don’t know how much companies pay to be a sponsor, but I’m guessing $90 is still relatively a lot to be spending every year for a new banner when a sponsor comes or goes.
They rarely come and go. You can go a couple years with no change. And $90 for a banner isn't bad. They get beat up pretty quickly.

Back