Our mission

Biocube 29

Looks good. I’d just keep doing what your doing, and slowly things will get better. With time and experience good things will come.

I’m not 100% sure 6 hours is necessary but it shouldn’t hurt.

Well... this past weekend was quite turbulent. Returned the domino damsel back to the LFS. (Was our very first fish. Was quite the hearbreaker. Also had to tear the tank to pieces to catch him....) Got an blenny the same day. Next day we took a visit over to the fishdoctor and picked up 2 new snowflake clowns! I love them! We stuck eggcrate to divide the tank in half to get them used to each other (they were not a pair). Ofc because I'm dumb i didnt take in account that there would be gaps on the side due to there being a lip on the biocube and the clowns could just squeeze through. Well within the hour one clown was beating up the other and tore its fin. I netted the aggressive one and put him in a container drilled with holes (pic below). Put her in time out for a day to see if we could diffuse the aggression a bit. Next day I let her out and with in the hour again she was chasing the other around tearing more of its fins =/. This time around I completely redid my rock work and put the eggcrate divider and accounted for the gap this time... will keep the divider for a week. This weekend I'll pull it out and see how it goes. Really hoping they get along bc I really like them but i guess that's not for me to decide =/. If the aggression starts to spike I will probably just keep one and return the other.

In time out for a day.

Tank divided in half. I kinda like the rock work like this actually. Gives me the right half of the tank to set up a zoa garden. Probably will set the rocks up a bit better on the right side though.

Couldn't really get a good pic of them so here is a small video when they were not being super aggressive.

Time for another update!

The clowns looks like they calmed down alot. They are starting to do there dance so hopefully they will be together in no time. The bigger one still becomes really aggressive during feeding time but she isn't tearing fins anymore so I guess that is a plus. The Z and P's are growing which is exciting. I definitely added more which I need to stop lol. The RBTA i put in a bad spot and started to go transparent. I moved it to a new spot and it definitely likes it better and starting to regain it's colors. The Acans have grown several more heads and are by far the fastest growing (At least the ones I notice the most) corals I have in the tank. The favia I have hasn't changed since I got it. It looks exactly the same as when i got it which is fine. And finally I added two new additions today. I am pretty sure this was a mistake but I guess this can be a test to how far I have come in the last couple months. I added this blueish green acropora and an orange digitata. I am really unsure how to tell if these are doing well or not. From what little I read online alot of people have assumptions but no one seems to know for sure? Anyways here are some pictures.

Orange Digitata and the blueish green acropora.

Rest of the corals.

Some good new, bad news, and I don't know news.

We'll start with the good news I suppose. I got two more additions to the tank. I got a Japanese Deepwater Neon Green Toadstool. I believe that was the name at least.. the current pic I have isn't that great but it is neon green head and the tentacles are neon green as well. Also got a purple / green frogspawn which I don't have a picture yet.

Bad news is the clowns still don't seem to be getting along. The bigger one is still bullying the smaller one. The smaller one never fights back just gets beat up or crams himself into a corner of a rock and the glass and lays there. At first I thought it was going to be okay because the smaller one started to do the shake some times. Now I see the bigger one do the shake some times but then they kinda just go their seperate ways. Feels like the smaller one has PTSD because every time the bigger one gets near it it starts to freak out a bit and runs away. I've seen him do the shake a handful of times but he always keeps away from the aggressive one and never goes near it. They both are still eating very well and are both very active until the big one bullies the small one and the small one runs into his hiding rock which looks like this in the video. Its really sad to watch but in like 5 minutes he'll peek out and go back to swimming around. I have no idea what to do at this point.

The I don't know news is this green stuff that is on the rocks. I want/hope that it is the start of corraline algae. Looks like someone painted my rocks and frag plugs green. Its not fuzzy or hairy nor is it slimey. It is pretty encrusted on there and just looks like some one took a crayon to the rocks. I read two sides to this coin. Some say it turned pink then purple into coraline then some people said it bloomed into GHA. So yah I guess we'll see what happens.

Back