Cali Kid Corals

Blue ocean Aquatics - the old Sun Aquarium (a lot of pics)

I met "Tec" today at blue ocean aquatics, very nice guy and the store is super clean , lots of room for gazing into his sps colonies. great selection of corals. overall this is a "must see" store. i will definately be back...........if i ever get rid of some of my "dbtc" stuff.hehe

prices vary but on sps colonies appx $65-$85, not bad considering these are colony size corals

Out of curiosity what is a "colony sized" coral?? I remember what colony sized used to be, and I was under the impression "colony sized" corals don't seem to be to common anymore. Most of what it looks like in the pictures are what used to be called "mini-colonies" (half-dome frag plug, decent growth, maricultured stuff). To me if it ain't bigger than 6 inches or so it ain't a colony, but then again who knows, maybe we're so used to frags that anything bigger than an inch that's encrusted is a colony :D

Then again the pictures might be deceiving me.

They are about 3" with a lot of branches Mike. 6" or not a colony huh.. Check RC selling forum.. Some people post a 3/4" piece and call it a mother colony.. I hate to see what their frag looks like.

I don't know any store selling 6"+ SPS pieces.

yep .....i got 3 pieces ....i'll take some pics later.....lets see i got a bluish hoke (spelling?) , a gomezi colony (greenish) and a couple of frag of the pink echinata

mike i believe the gomezi was appx 3' by 4'11" i barely got it to fit into the bed of my truck.

actually you're right "mini colony" does sound about right....so i will revise my statement
"not bad cosidering these are mini colony size corals" :)

love the store you call and tell them your on your way she will stay open has some of the best looking fish and coral around very helpfull too

echinata

IMG_5081.jpg

hoke

IMG_5094.jpg

gomezi

IMG_5093.jpg

Back