Jestersix

Blue-White LED Arrangement

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Project: RapidLED solderless kit (3" plug-in wires between lights)
Situation: 12 blue and 12 white LEDs in 4x6 row layout. I screwed them on in an alternating pattern for an even look. (Obviously, I did not plan the connections in advance.) I have 2 drivers and dimming capability. Thought it best to have blues on one driver, white on the other. Now that I try to hook it up I see it is not possible with 3" connectors. (mad face)
Would you just put half of both light colors on each driver at this point? This IS in a school, so not as crucial as if it were in someone's home.

Will it work: Probably. Depends on exact wiring configuration.
Different color LEDs have different Vf, so you cannot put them in parallel, but
I doubt you have to.
They can run at the same current, so you can put them in series, as long as driver
does not exceed the smaller of the two.

More information needed on the drivers, leds, and your wiring plan.

Project: RapidLED solderless kit (3" plug-in wires between lights)
Situation: 12 blue and 12 white LEDs in 4x6 row layout. I screwed them on in an alternating pattern for an even look. (Obviously, I did not plan the connections in advance.) I have 2 drivers and dimming capability. Thought it best to have blues on one driver, white on the other. Now that I try to hook it up I see it is not possible with 3" connectors. (mad face)
Would you just put half of both light colors on each driver at this point? This IS in a school, so not as crucial as if it were in someone's home.
They have longer connectors I believe

Thank you both. I just saw they do have longer connectors available. Plus, if I change the orientation of a couple LEDs at the end of rows I think I can make connections reach while keeping correct wiring. Just need to play around with it more. Thanks.

Back