Bob's 225

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by tankguy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

2. tankguy

tankguy BOD

those were takin with my ipad. I don't have a camera. Id love for someone to come over one day and take some pics. I have lots of Acro's I could get any decent pics of

3. sfsuphysics

Oh I figured they were taken with some "mobile" device, apparently those little films you can buy you simply hold in front (or tape it) to the camera and it gets rid of that blue.

Coral reefer likes this.
  4. tankguy

tankguy BOD

cool Ill check them out

5. sfsuphysics

Yeah Randy posted an Amazon link early on, then a few posts later shows before/after pictures, it's actually quite impressive.

6. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

Looks like your QT setup is similar to mine. How did your leopards do in QT?

7. tankguy

tankguy BOD

They did fine as long as they had sand. They love their pods

8. tankguy

tankguy BOD

And not expensive

9. sfsuphysics

Yeah, considering the cost of a good camera that does the white balancing and/or the software to do it, $7-8 for a filter you can tape on the end of your phone or something is not a really cost prohibitive :D

tankguy likes this.
  10. tankguy

tankguy BOD

A pic of my Stawberry Shortcake I got as a twig from AC 229760E1-F7A6-4B6C-A247-1682553AE451.png

Kmooresf likes this.
  11. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Got this coral as an unknown and it did nothing for the longest time. I put it up towards the top and it just took off BDDBA71C-1A17-41DF-A09C-A4BF1702C44E.png

kinetic and Edgar Sandoval like this.
  12. euod

euod Supporting Member

Great job. How long to get that large?

13. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

What’s been your experience with rainbow chalices? I have a tiny chip of one and have been trying to accelerate growth. What does yours like in terms of light, flow, food?

14. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Beautiful Bob!!!!

tankguy likes this.
  15. tankguy

tankguy BOD

I think it’s been around 6-8 months

16. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Mine is at the very bottom , med flow and I was target feeding for awhile. Now that is pretty good size I just let it catch it’s food ( reef roids )

17. euod

euod Supporting Member

Reef-Roids is great stuff for a lot of corals, if not all.

18. sfsuphysics

Very nice corals Bob, did you just glue the original frags to the back panel? If so you did a wonderful job.

19. iani

iani Guest

Very nice, I forgot who Karson and Joe sold my old tank to. Looks like the tank is doing very well.

Coral reefer likes this.
  20. tankguy

tankguy BOD

I did sir