bondolo's combined tanks

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by bondolo, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I'm setting up a calcium reactor to reduce the maintenance demands of having to mix up two part batches every 21 days or so. The combined tanks consume about a half gallon each of BRS recipe 2-part a week. Seems really high to me but testing levels bears out that that's what it is consuming.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Lots of stony corals?

3. bondolo

yes, quite a few LPS and smaller number of SPS.

4. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

I'd love to see your tanks closer up. Any more photos? Congrats on accomplishing the upgrades! Although I guess you're getting into calcium reactor now...

5. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Seems a bit high, but I am only basing it on pictures from previous page in this thread.

Check you Mg. It might be precipitating out.

6. bondolo

A week before leaving town for a month both of my seaswirls failed. Fixed one up from the combined parts and order replacement motor and movement arm. Original calcium reactor solenoid failed the day before I was to leave. I was glad to have left the dosers set up and filled. Milwaukee RMAed the solenoid when I returned.

Better flow from the now repaired sea swirls and improved pH from calcium reactor has been good for the tanks. Everything is really starting to take off, even before I did the first water change in about six weeks.

7. bondolo

Inorganic calcium precipitation was one of the primary motivations for finally switching to calcium reactor.

8. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

It’s always right before a trip that stuff fails. How does it know?