got ethical husbandry?

Brand new Vortech not working!!!!!! help!!!!!

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
Got the vortech mp40w on Saturday and it was working great. Last night my daughter pressed something!!!!???? I tried to reset it following the instructions, it starts to work and then stops and the driver blinks red!!!!! I am waiting on a call back from customer support. Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks!

maybe!> Not sure though! I tried to clear the internal memory and reset it but no luck! It will run fine for about 10 seconds and then stops! and the driver flashes red!

EM has great CS. Just wait for the call back and they will get you up and running. I would also check the RC EM forum. Lots of good info there.

oh, sounds like she set the "pump has fallen off feature" and set the value for "fallen off" when on. This shuts down the pump until it is set to a new value (just guessing what it could have been)

yeah, the website doesnt tell you what the flashing red means either! by the way, thanks for the gorgonia! i picked off that slime stuff and now it seems to be doing well!!! i also got a brown and green tort? from you from the swap. Doing well as well! You have 150wt mh and some t5's right? how high in the tank did you have those 2 corals?

I think they're around 6" away from the lights. The frag tank is at the parent's house, so I can't really say right now. Let me know if the tort colors up any.

Follow-up question:

For anyone that's had this problem, did your Vortec start to wobble after re-calibrating?

After getting that blinking red, flashing light, I did the Pump Disconnect Calibration. It fixed the blinking red light problem, but now the propeller is starting to wobble. I took apart the wet side assembly to see if anything was loose, but nothing seemed wrong. The pump is still running; however, when it revs up, it kinda sounds like running on a flat tire.

Maybe it has to do with the Pump Disconnect Calibration, maybe it doesn't. But I started hearing the wobbling sound after I did the calibration.

Me to. it just did it for a second until it got into the right position I guess. maybe try calibrating it again after it starts up, unplug it then reposition it and start5 it back up. If the wobbling still continues contact customer support, they contacted me back in about 15 minutes!!!

Wow, that sounds like some good customer service. I'll try contacting them.

Also, is there a certain way to fix the screw on the propellor - hand tight, dead tight, or all together loose?

Back