Reef nutrition

Brandons 180 gallon upgrade

Bmart

Supporting Member
So its finally time to start the tank journal for the "new" 180 build. Picked up the tank from @euod after he upgraded to the massive 375 gallon build (jealous). Making the large jump from 45 gallon cube to the 180. Euod had kept the tank in great shape and other than a bunch of coralline algae on the glass and overflows no major scratches or problems with the tank.

Equipment list thus far:
180 gallon all glass aquarium with dual overflows
Synergy Reef CL-44 sump
Bubble Magus curve 9 skimmer
2 titanium 300 watt heaters
1 BRS dual chamber reactor
Vectra L1 return pump
50 lbs pukani rock
50 lbs fiji dry rock
probably a few other things that I can't remember at the moment

Over the past couple weeks I reinforced the stand replaced the hinges that had begun to rust out and a few other improvements. I scrubbed the tank and removed all of the algae and calcium build up from the glass and as much as I could from the overflows.

Working on uploading photos this afternoon.

Great thing about coraline algae on a glass tank, a razor blade makes quick and easy work and you're left with a new tank! Can't wait to see this guy turns out.

And don't be jealous of his 375 upgrade, when you go larger all the problems and maintenance get larger, as it stands going from a 45 to a 180 might give you a bit of "culture shock" :D

That's true about going larger.
I had to treat one of my fish with maracyn this morning and just realized, dang, that is going be a lot of maracyn if I had no choice but to dose a 500 gal system.

Let me know if you need assistance Brandon on setting up the tank since I know it well. But then again, I am sure you will make it better.

Back