Kessil

BRS RODI UNIT Bay Area

I have a 4 stage BRS RODI unit and was wondering about the San Jose, CA water quality. Will this 4 stage unit be enough? Or would I need a 6 Stage to clear out the chlorine and chloramine? Anyone in San Jose know the SJ water report and how much they might be using?

Thanks for the info. If I am reading this correctly,

North Side San Jose averages 2.9 PPM and ranges between 0.5 to 4.1 PPM is that correct? Would a 4 stage be enough? Or would I need to upgrade to 6 stage?

I'm in south San Jose and I was using a 4 stage. Was getting around 300-400 out of the tap, but I am also located in a condo complex so, not sure what they add in here. I use so resin relatively slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. I've used just a single di cartridge for 1 year. No problems. I've recently upgraded to a 150 saver just to make more water.

Just because your the same year as me, I have an extra canisterif your interested for cheap. ($25?) and I'll toss in A refill di with a partially used di cartridge. [emoji6]. If your interested of course.

45d40cca6b9e2dc1ef92133d23ac475a.jpg

The problem is chlorine will ruin your membrane. You wanna use a chloramine specific carbon block before the membrane.

Also another reason I upgraded. Now have two carbon blocks running. Was overall worried about chloramines getting through.

Also another reason I upgraded. Now have two carbon blocks running. Was overall worried about chloramines getting through.

after they normal carbon blocks or chloramine blocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Next time you buy look at the. Chlorplus 10 block for chloramines instead of one of the carbon blocks

Interesting, will start using that one in combination with the brs carbon block. Thanks! I quickly looked through most of the carbon blocks and saw the brs had higher reduction, but never looked at the chlorplus 10 throughly.

Just because your the same year as me, I have an extra canisterif your interested for cheap. ($25?) and I'll toss in A refill di with a partially used di cartridge. [emoji6]. If your interested of course.

45d40cca6b9e2dc1ef92133d23ac475a.jpg

$25 sounds great, any chance you still have this for sale?

Back