Cali Kid Corals

BTA Size

My BTA's get plenty of light, in addition to pellets that the clowns do not gobble down. I used to feed mysis to the tank 3x a week, but observed no noticeable benefits [in the BTA's], so I ceased mysis feedings.

what about manually splitting the bta when it gets too big? Haven't tried it yet myself, but have read it can be done. Anyone have experience?

There's a couple threads on that here on BAR :) Several members do it.

GDawson said:
jestersix said:
Biggest Maxi Min I had was almost 5 inches and ate anything that touched it. Minis stay about 1 inch and breed like flies...

It was a fish eater? Are there fish that avoid them? Or is it just an ongoing crap shoot?

-Gregroy

It was a serious fish eater, but then it was only in a 20G Long frag tank and the stupid damsels wouldn't stay away when I fed it. I lost a few whne they tried to steal the Maxi Mins dinner, instead he ate them. When I had it in my 30G most of the fish avoided it...I say most, because did lose one.

I would call it a crap shoot - they are very sticky and if a fish brushes it will likely get caught.

I've been advised from folks that have kept these that they are very serious eaters ... fish and inverts alike. I know the minis are exceptionally strong stingers (strong as in very, very sticky ... am unsure about the venom strongness) and I was advised to be very careful with the maxis as they will latch onto most anything. Again, this is anecdotal info on the maxis, but it falls right in line with my experience on the minis.

Back