got ethical husbandry?

Bubble algae that won't go away

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
Folks,
For the past few weeks, I have been battling bubble algae. I have been trying to scrape it off during water changes (straight into the python).
After the whole Vibrant fiasco, is it still advisable to use? I did lose some snails the last time I had tried it (which makes sense since one of its ingredients is a known molluscicide).

Are there any other solutions for a 13gal tank? Emerald crab are not an option since it they are known to eat LPS.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Folks,
For the past few weeks, I have been battling bubble algae. I have been trying to scrape it off during water changes (straight into the python).
After the whole Vibrant fiasco, is it still advisable to use? I did lose some snails the last time I had tried it (which makes sense since one of its ingredients is a known molluscicide).

Are there any other solutions? Emerald crab are not an option since it they are known to eat LPS.
Thanks!

Pitho crabs have actually been great for me. Unfortunately, I don’t think any LFS carries them.

Depending on your tank size, Fox faces will eat bubble algae and I had a Desjardini Sailfin tang eat it. I also had a yellow tang that seemed to learn to eat it from the Desjardini.

Last edited:
Pitho crabs have actually been great for me. Unfortunately, I don’t think any LFS carries them.

Depending on your tank size, Fox faces will est bubble algae and I had a Desjardini Sailfin tang eat it. I also had a yellow tang that seemed to learn to eat it from the Desjardini.
Thanks @RandyC , we I have a 13.5gal tank, so tangs/ fox face is not an option.

I have good success with Fluconazole. It got rid of practically all bubble and hair algae. No side effect on the corals .

Back