Jestersix

Bubble Magus Dosing Pump....

We had a thread a few weeks ago about the bubble magus. There's a handful of us that use it. I've used it for a few months now to dose ALK and soon CA and MG as well. So far ALK is spot on at 9dKH for me. Works great, simple to use.

This is where I bought mine: http://www.reefshops.com/bm-to1-dosing-pump-3-channel-microprocessor-controlled-can-extend-to-7-channel-.html

Somehow I got it on sale for $232 shipped

Thanks for the info and links kinetic. I was a key board click away from purchasing the profilux stand alone doser but am reconsidering the purchase since the bubble magus is practically half the price and I can add an additional 4 pumps for around $150. I'm just worried about the reliability of the unit.

Prior to purchasing mine, I looked around forums and such, and hadn't found any bad stories about it. But it's also not as popular yet nor tried in the long term I believe. But so far there's nobody complaining, the quality of it in my opinion is as good as anything else I own.

LOL, I just ordered this one
ghlsadosing-lg.gif

So whats the price difference between the Bubble Magus (the el cheapo Chinese knock off brand), and the GHL (The heavy duty quality, at least so the one representative on RB's who won't shut up about it says)??

I highly suspect the actual pumps in the GHL are Chinese made. Globally they have the market nearly cornered.

I have the bubble magnus, haven't yet tried it to dose 2/3 part. But the unit seems pretty solid. I got Art to purchase it. lol

Ian hasn't set it up yet, it's for his new tank.

I'm using the LiterMeter III for auto water change, bubble magus for dosing 2/3 part

I tried ordering one last night and the place (TBAquatics) was out of stock. It appears that a large US shipment is coming in sometime late Jan or early Feb.

Back