got ethical husbandry?

burned coral tips.....

Kmooresf

Supporting Member
So I managed to burn the tips of a few of my favorite acropora and torte corals while I was away on vacation. They seem to have stabilized, however I am not sure what to do about the tips? I have removed them from the tank, dipped in revive and placed in the frag tank under the T5's. The tips have no tissue on them and are quickly getting algae coated.

Will they recover if I just leave them alone, or do I need to cut off the dead spots for the tissue to recover??

I have since raised my LED's about 4" and dropped the overall photo period by 2 hours as well. Running the lights at about 40% power. These babies pack some serious light!!

Any help in saving these corals is MUCH appreciated. Thanks,

Kris.

Mr. Ugly said:
Alk burn?

Frag back to good tissue. Maybe dab some IC Gel or superglue at the cuts. Check water parameters.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm pretty sure it's just the LED's. It is only 3 corals that were directly under the LED's. All others are doing well. Alk is 8.4 today and has never been above 9 or below 7.

I am VERY new to acro's though, so this is my first time dealing with it. I will have to invest in some bone cutters and try my hand at fragging. I really appreciate the advice.

Back