Jestersix

CamryDS' 29 Gallon Biocube

Re-update
My Polyps came back!!!

I picked up a flame angel + skunk cleaner shrimp + 3 Nassarius Snails + 2 more Astraea and with that purchase I got a free frag.
1 small Purple zoanthids. It's sitting at the top of the live rock.

I'll have pics tomorrow, the angel is a bit shy right now in the tank.

bad news, within the last 5 days I've sprung 5 leaks -- they are drops and small, but I have no idea how they are created. I'm calling the store I bought it from for a replacement because this is rediculous -- I now have to clean up the mess everyday and it's just bringing me down. I've been sealing left and right with silicon, but it's just not working -- well it's worked up until I found another leak UNDER NEATH!!! now i'm calling the seller to get a replacement.

After the replacement not sure what to do -- and how long I should do the leak test for? ack, i'm now in a panic mode -- though the leak is not crazy big, I hope it doesn't leak all over.

Anyone know steps on how to break down 1 tank and immediately get everything up in the 2nd? I'm most likely going to just drain the water from one and put it in the other.

great info, but one thing I've noticed was about the sand. people say to not use the old sand. I've only had my sand for about 4 weeks -- I think I should be able to use some of it. though now I can pour my other bag of 20 lbs sand back into the new tank and see.

Euphyllia said:
Erick said:
Yea see Euphilliya's thread on nippy fish. 99.9% end up nipping polyps and and lps (i'm just summing up)

My Cherub hasn't nipped anything yet. |(
Hehe.. LOL :bigsmile:
070112_doomsdayclock_hmed_5pwidec.jpg

My Flame is behaving quite nicely, he's also swimming around without problems, still kinda picky with it's food, but it's okay -- it's not that fat, and kinda skinny -- the garlic is helping and the health is coming back dispite the move.

Here's a pic just for journal updates of the new aquascaping.

it's been about 3 days since the move, water is still hella cloudy. I'm not sure what's going on, will test the tank's water tonight to find out further parameters. anyone have comments it's definitely welcome. This morning I come to find my True Perc MIA, last night he was there just swimming in a hole like he's hosting a small cave. stood in 1 position for the last 24 hours. Got 2 ORA Ocellaris with no issues though =/ strange.

well just read your thread and sorry to hear about your leaks and forced move. The way I started 3 nano systems 1 x 12 gallon jbj dx, 1 x 29 biocube, and 1 x 14 biocube is by taking water from my 240 gallon when doing a water change and some rocks and sand from the 240 and putting it into the new tanks. then after 1 day I put in corals and fish and have not had a problem since. in fact the 29 biocube we added an octopus after 2 days of running and it ended up having babies. So if you know someone or if you have a bigger tank that has been running for a few years you could bypass the cycle like I did by getteing water, 1 or 2 rocks, and a small amount of sand to seed the new sand and you are good to go. if you want i can give you some of my water from my 240 if you want to do the bypass. it works everytime. oh yeah did it for Norm at Ocean treasures as well so that would be 4 nanos setup with my water.
here are pics of the tanks as of now.
my girlfriends 29 biocube
picsoftanks014.jpg

my 12 jbj dx morning shot. the tank got reset up with new dry rock, new corals, and a heilfrichs and purple firefish
picsoftanks066.jpg

that would be great if I can get like 5 gallons from your 240 and just throw it into my tank. let me know i'll pay yah for the water.

New pics, water cleared up great -- took a couple of days for the sand to clean up, but thank god for a filter pad -- dragged everything out -- i'm just afraid that I have to cycle with other stuff in the tank now. no tests as of yet, but i'll have a test done this coming weekend.

Pics for now of the new and FINAL setup. final rockscape, gives me room to put the corals this time.

Moar fish!

I got my flame exchanged in fear that it might die. it wasn't eating after the tank move -- strange.. anyway I got a fatter one which looks as though he's getting use to the tank. I also picked up a scotter blenny, and a carpenter flasher wrasse. this is all the fish I can keep.

I also took my true perc back and got a huge zoanthid frag instead. the 3rd clown wasn't making it, and my other clowns were bullying it.

Will have pics of the updated tank later -- definitely not as nice as some of yours, but I enjoy my tank -- any opinions would be great. (I still need lessons on how to glue frags to rocks -- I glued my fingers together (not handy at all!!!)

New Pictures:
img0781p.jpg

img0807g.jpg

img0866c.jpg

img0867zy.jpg

img0865.jpg

img0869.jpg

It's a feather duster -- from vietnam. They have another one over at aquatic galleria.

My scooter blenny died -_-. one night. all the others survived, including the star fish!!

new flame -- new ich -_-.
I think the flame is truly stressed and hungry at the moment. it's all over his body. no way to quarantine as well. I might do the freshwater dip and see what I can come up with.

wrasse appears to be fine and swimming, and my previous clowns are fine as well -- the flame worries me though. won't eat much, will pick at brine shrimp but spit it back out.

flame is teh dead this morning -- ich infestation and non eating... I need one that'll eat pellets so it'll survive. my wrasse is stuck on shrimp T_T need it to eat pellets. no ich on it though, the rest of the tank is clean of it -- will wait about 3 months before picking up something else.

I gave my 2 Orange Ocellaris' away, I got another pair instead.
flame's gone, but my carpenter wrasse is good. water has good quality so i decided to add another pair, maybe to see if this would do better with eating, and they do -- they rush for food.

I re-decorate way too much, I haven't glued or mounted the coral onto the rocks yet, but I will soon. I'm still trying to get a handle on how to get that done.

These 3 pics are what I have so far. anyone able to ID the pink coral i have on the upper left? A friend gave it to me.

I immensely dislike mounting and gluing coral -- I must have collapsed my rock work about 1/2 a dozen times trying to get coral glued onto the live rock. plus it now looks a bit ugly -- i'm hoping the coraline grows over epoxy.

Back