Jestersix

Can Elligance Coral be kept longterm?

Ok I picked one up.. it looked awesome. I know most die from what I heard. Whats you guys opinion of these? Can people keep them longterm in good health? If water parameters are good and they dont get irritated from sand debris will they live for a while?

I have the green with pink tip kind. Closed it's about 5"x3" Open he's about 8-10" x 4-6" He seems to open everyday and closes at night he looks ok to me.

It is indeed true that the Aussies are pretty durable, it used to be that the Indo ones were tough as nails. Over the past decade or so the Indo ones have had a VERY limited success rate, the tentacles shrink, the body puffs up and then they succomb to brown jelly, usually over the course of a couple of weeks. Hunter at LG has an old indo elegance he frags on occasion, I have a client with a frag of it that is over a year old and doing very well. Whatever the condition is it is contagious.

contagious to other elegance corals or to the entire tank?

I've had mine for about a month now, how do you tell if it's a indo or ausi?

Elegance corals only.

One way to tell where the animal is from is how much it cost you :D

Indos tend to have flatter skeletons than the Aussies which ar more pointed in shape.

tuberider said:
Hunter at LG has an old indo elegance he frags on occasion, I have a client with a frag of it that is over a year old and doing very well. Whatever the condition is it is contagious.

His is from Shu Tin's at that. The thing is like 20 y/o now?

Back