got ethical husbandry?

Can Tongue Coral be Fragged?!

Anyone know if this can be fragged? I've had this for a long time and it has grown quite a bit (almost 9 total inches now)!
Geneva'sReefTank-34 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Joe - was going to bring this to the fragging workshop and have you saw off an end piece but then I chickened out! I would give you a piece if we do this but not sure if we should or not!!!!

Not sure about tongue coral but you know Fungia aka Plate Corals? They can be fragged.

The only problem is they grow slow and look stupid for a while. Sometimes you'll see "pizza slice" shaped plate coral frags.

Not sure about tongue coral but you know Fungia aka Plate Corals? They can be fragged.

The only problem is they grow slow and look stupid for a while. Sometimes you'll see "pizza slice" shaped plate coral frags.
No, I didn't know plate corals could be fragged either! Do they eventually "round" up??

Maybe I should frag my beautiful plate that has also doubled in size?? It seems to have a "center" so do you saw right through it?!

Geneva'sReefTank-41 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
I will get you some thing down the road. I just ordered a 100 sps frags form 3 hobbyist. My red sea S500 is going to look very nice soon. I also just pick up some large chalices.

Back