Our mission

Carbon and phosphate media how often u change?

[quote author=Justin74 link=topic=3827.msg46328#msg46328 date=1213824204]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3827.msg46322#msg46322 date=1213823739]
Dunno the data. A person with a PHD in water Chem actually made the puechase :D
[/quote]

Oh geez ::) More fluff please ;D

-Justin
[/quote]

WTF did I say I had ANY info on my carbon? Stick your fluff and leave me alone!

On a side note, I believe Karson and Joe at aquaticcollection.com (one of the sponsers) are bringing in both carbon and gfo in bulk similar to bulkreefsupply.com.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3827.msg46334#msg46334 date=1213825376]
Fluff is good with peanut butter and banannas......... mmmmmmmmmmmm

[/quote]

Yup but it not good when served with no purpose :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3827.msg46331#msg46331 date=1213824421]
[quote author=Justin74 link=topic=3827.msg46328#msg46328 date=1213824204]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3827.msg46322#msg46322 date=1213823739]
Dunno the data. A person with a PHD in water Chem actually made the puechase :D
[/quote]

Oh geez ::) More fluff please ;D

-Justin
[/quote]

WTF did I say I had ANY info on my carbon? Stick your fluff and leave me alone!
[/quote]

You said it right here:
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3827.msg44672#msg44672 date=1212619064]
[quote author=MrManz1691 link=topic=3827.msg44655#msg44655 date=1212610567]
Do you think that chemipur is worth it or do u recomend a different brand of charcoal
[/quote]

While I've used CP extensively in the past I simply use high grade carbon now. I get mine by the 55lb sack via a professional supply house :) Almost gone now, time to re-order :)
[/quote]

Since your getting a 55lb sac from a professional supply house I figured you would know what and where that supply house is?!?!!! Stick my fluff??!!! Damn dude, wtf is up with hostility? Very lame, I see Im not going to make it very long here am I :(

-Justin

I did?....my eyes must be failling me then as I do not see any place in that quote where I stated I either knew the name, or the specs of the product. I stated I got it from a place, the lack of name was and is because I do not know. There are no specs on the bag, none.

Just because you stuck some smilies in what could be viewed as a rude post does not make it any less rude. On any other day I would have let that slide but you chose a very bad day to do it to me. While we know each other from the forums and met in person a couple times I really do not know you or know you all that well.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3827.msg46343#msg46343 date=1213828929]
I did?....my eyes must be failling me then as I do not see any place in that quote where I stated I either knew the name, or the specs of the product. I stated I got it from a place, the lack of name was and is because I do not know. There are no specs on the bag, none.

Just because you stuck some smilies in what could be viewed as a rude post does not make it any less rude. On any other day I would have let that slide but you chose a very bad day to do it to me. While we know each other from the forums and met in person a couple times I really do not know you or know you all that well.

[/quote]

I never asked you about any specs, I simply asked you where you got your carbon from and you give me a turd sandwhich layered with cynasism.

I think it's a very reasonable assumption to here of one getting a 55lb from a supply house to assume he knew where that supply house may be located. Why? Not to berate your choice of product but to merely see if myself and others may consider this a good source to get their own >:/ For me to ask you was (in my mind)showing respect for your position in the industry and the network of resources that you may take for granted but us as hobbyists may trully be endowed and find it very valuable info..

My comment on the fluff portion was confrontational, as I didnt want to hear a bunch of blanket statements regarding nameless people with PhD's. It wasnt helpful, it didnt say much of anything about anything but thrown out there as to not be challenged? When no one was directly challenging you and from where I stood WAS the latest known accepted info.

No we definately dont know each other, but stuff like this will surely make it stay that way too :/

-Justin

My apologies to everyone, especially xinxumaster. I'll respectively bow out of this conversation, and hopefully not wreck the next discussion ;)

-Justin

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3827.msg46236#msg46236 date=1213804811]Balance is the key word (ie equilibrium). So when you take carbon saturated in junk, and place it in CLEAN water, you ruined the balance and junk leaches out. This is NOT the same as normal leaching. People see the word leaching and think that the carbon fills up, then the carbon dumps the junk into the water. What ACTUALLY happens, is carbon fills up and then it is just in equalibrium and junk in the carbon exchanges with junk in the water. This happens slowly and on a long time scale. If you have nothing else to soak up junk yet you are adding more junk into the tank, the levels of junk increases and you have this "OMG, my carbon is leaching!" when really you have "OMG, the trash cans are full but I am keep trying to put more and more trash in them"[/quote]

So....

What you gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?

:D

Look at graph #8 & #12 un this article:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/2/aafeature1/

In fact, we all should read it :D (I haven't yet but it was referred to me by another PHD who will remain nameless just to chide any who want to know - OK so the author sent it to me :) )

Back