Cali Kid Corals

catching marroon gold bar clowns

i heard that netting a maroon gold bar can kill it since it has something on its gills or something cant remember........... wanna get them out of tank she will be easy almost hand catch her but he loves his rocks and i wanna get them out of tank before i tear it down,any suggestions

Jess, I think what you're thinking of are the cheek spines on the maroons which can very easily get caught in a net and tear if the fish thrashes around. A better way to catch these would be to use a clear container of some sort and herd them gently and slowly into it. I almost always use that technique and with great success.

If the above doesn't work, then try catching then an hour or two after lights go out. They will be very drwosy and you can usually catch them very, very easily then.

fingerwrinkles said:
Jess, I think what you're thinking of are the cheek spines on the maroons which can very easily get caught in a net and tear if the fish thrashes around. A better way to catch these would be to use a clear container of some sort and herd them gently and slowly into it. I almost always use that technique and with great success.

If the above doesn't work, then try catching then an hour or two after lights go out. They will be very drwosy and you can usually catch them very, very easily then.

This is where the nets I used to make would come in handy. I used to make clear knotless nylon nets at Cortez Marine for our in house use. Nest nets I have ever used. I may have one stil laying around Jess and if I do I will let you know.

thanks guys......

lmk gresh if you have one.....

i love these clowns so much but i just have to get a smaller bioload for the downgrade and she is by far a big producer of waste....... she also eats the most

Back