Cali Kid Corals

caulerpa pasploides

This is a very cool algae. It's not easy to get. Pick up at BAYMAC. I can cut couple pieces.
It can grow on sandbed and rock.
caulerpapasploides-1.jpg

Hi Mike, I won't be there long. I will just stop by to drop off some stuff and check thing out really quick. Are you planning to be there long? What time are you planning to get there?

Euphyllia said:
I'd love some! I'll be at BAYMAC. I'm coming at 10:00 to shop in the aquarium showroom for about 30mins before BAYMAC starts.

Do you have an appointment? They technically do not open until 11am on any day of the week....

www.TheAquariumShowroom.com

Euphyllia, where are you going to put this in? It needs a good size tank. It will out grow you little tank very fast.

I won a 8 gallon tank at the last BAR meeting from the raffle and I'm going to put dwarf seahorses in it. No corals, just a bunch of macro algaes. I'm going to set the tank up on Saturday and have the plants in while the tank is cycling so they can remove phosphates and stuff as the come.

8G tank?? Try something that grows really slow. This algae isn't for an 8G tank. It can grow up to 1" a day. Yup, I measured it :D ... Put some Cheato into the tank if you want to use algae to cycle the tank.

I'm not just using for algae to cycle the tank. I wanted to have a fast growing plant in the tank since I'm going to be keeping seahorses and they'll need something to hold on to.

Which seahorses do you plan on putting in the tank? The only suitable type for that size of a tank needs live baby brine shrimp. You should take a trip to ocean treasures in SF and look at the tank they have set up.

Just as long as there isn't a post in 1 month saying "OMG!!! ALGAE IS OVERFLOWING MY 8G PUSHING MY SEAHORSES ON THE FLOOR!!!!"
:D
I kid, I kid.

Elite said:
since it's hard to convince you, I will give you some. LOL...

OK! Thanks! :bigsmile:

And that post about algae overflowing my 8g pushing my seahorses on the floor won't come for about three months since my tank has to cycle before I get the seahorses! ;)

iani said:
Which seahorses do you plan on putting in the tank? The only suitable type for that size of a tank needs live baby brine shrimp. You should take a trip to ocean treasures in SF and look at the tank they have set up.

I'll be getting dwarfs and I'll buy baby brine shrimp for them.

for brine shrink, you need a hatchery to constantly feed them live BBS. Again, go to OT and take a look at their setup.

You might want to consider hatching your own. Brine shrimps once they are past a day or so lose a lot of their nutritional value. In which case, you'll have to enrich them.

Back