High Tide Aquatics

Celebration of Felicia's Predator Reef!

Ok, so I had a ton of photos that I took with the video clips for the Marine Depot video and a bunch of them didn't get used, so I figured I'd share some of those!

Fun angled FTS from March 12, 2016
IMG_2630 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Left side
IMG_2335 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Center
IMG_2343 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Right side
IMG_2349 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

I also took some photos of the sump and equipment. A few of these got used in the video, but I wanted to share them again since I don't photograph the sump often. Its dirty, but oh well! I wanted people to be able to see how my system is set up.

IMG_2210 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2217 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2223 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2220 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2226 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Ok, now for some coral shots!

Tyree neon green toadstools.
IMG_2308 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2363 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Gorgonians
IMG_2310 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2298 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Yellow Fiji leather
IMG_2295 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Green nepthea
IMG_2291 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

The giant squamosa is doing wonderfully and still growing!
IMG_2302 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2355 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

And how about a few top down shots?

The duncan colony is getting huge!
IMG_2564 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

BTA island
IMG_2565 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

All three clams are doing great!
IMG_2567 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Haha gorgeous tank set up! Love the sump!!!

Very very nice! I just picked up a second tank, a 93g cube, and I have been trying to decide what type of tank to setup. This is very inspiring and so now I'm considering to setup something very similar.

Eel didn't get me nearly as bad as he coulda. Blind as a bat eel Came out of water while I was popping frozen food out of package up on a ladder above a tank and got me on a finger. Probably shoulda gotten stitches, I used super glue... worked pretty well!

Lion fish has been twice actually. First was full size, good penetration into a knuckle. Quickly got hand in hot water, still hurt bad like a super bee sting and swelled some. Had a weird little hard spot there for a couple years that eventually went away.

Second time was a dwarf lion that made it into an overflow box that I thought was a different fish and I reached in to get it. This one somehow wasn't nearly as bad. Maybe dwarfs aren't as bad or maybe none of them spots I got stuck were very deep, but it seemed like it got me several times and places. Maybe the hot water I used was hotter and applied faster.

Back