Jestersix

Check your Reef Crystals Salt!

Price is a factor, but and important for things like 2 part. I thought the whole idea about making your own salt mix wasn't price driven but rather driven by QC issues. No chain jerking here.

Hah, I knew you both would be sensing that, sorry, I had Indian for dinner :p

If my dachshund eats a hot dog is she a cannibal.

I didn't look back to check, but I think Coralife salt was missed on the list of salts made at the same plant, it may be there, but I don't remember reading it.

Nope, I forget to add it :)

My dachshund ate a squirrel and only left the front teeth. She polished off the bones and fur event :p

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2773.msg61377#msg61377 date=1225316903]
wait wait...if you are a cowboy eating an Indian, does that make you a cannibal or a patriot?..or both?!!!
[/quote]

Indian food :p Cowboys where vegetarians, it's a little known fact :p

Speaking of vegetarians and indians, here's some random info...

American plains indians hunted buffalo for food. No part of the buffalo went to waste. Even the intestinal contents were used as food due to it being a highly concentrated source of plant matter. Which is how the indians got infected with tapeworms.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2773.msg61437#msg61437 date=1225343739]
American plains indians hunted buffalo for food. No part of the buffalo went to waste. Even the intestinal contents were used as food due to it being a highly concentrated source of plant matter. Which is how the indians got infected with tapeworms.[/quote]Buffalo (Bison actually): now there is a sad tale of human devastation...

Some choice sentences from Wiki:
Bison were the most numerous single species of large wild mammal on Earth...Bison were hunted almost to extinction in the 19th century and were reduced to a few hundred by the mid-1880s. The main reason they were hunted was for their skins, with the rest of the animal left behind to decay on the ground. After the animals rotted, their bones were collected and shipped back east in large quantities...For a decade from 1873 on there were several hundred, perhaps over a thousand, such commercial hide hunting outfits harvesting bison at any one time, vastly exceeding the take by American Indians or individual meat hunters. The commercial take arguably was anywhere from 2,000 to 100,000 animals per day depending on the season, though there are no statistics available. By 1884, the American Bison was close to extinction.

One book I read said there were 10s of millions of bison in America before "Whitey" came to town and nearly wiped them out.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2773.msg61521#msg61521 date=1225404409]
Up to 100,000 per day....

!!!!!!

Sad.
[/quote]the wiki goes on to say that hunters had to have multiple rifles because they were shooting so may bison in a row, their rifles would overheat, so they would have to switch to another rifle to keep shooting... Terribly sad. But I'm sure in 100 years there will be equally sad stories about our current practices. (the rainforest comes to mind). Sorry if I hijacked the thread (but it looked to already be 'T-Boned' :D )

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=2773.msg61523#msg61523 date=1225404744]But I'm sure in 100 years there will be equally sad stories about our current practices.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking too.

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=2773.msg61523#msg61523 date=1225404744]Sorry if I hijacked the thread (but it looked to already be 'T-Boned' :D )
[/quote]

NP.

:D

Well not to completely take the blame off "whitey" but I'm sure if you introduced the modern hunting rifle to most of the native population they would have put a dent in their populations as well.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2773.msg61569#msg61569 date=1225415609]
Well not to completely take the blame off "whitey" but I'm sure if you introduced the modern hunting rifle to most of the native population they would have put a dent in their populations as well.[/quote]That's an interesting question. Most people believe that Native Americans didn't waste resources because they respected nature and all that. But maybe they just sucked at hunting so had to use all they could! :D

Perhaps they sucked at hunting, but judging from all of the human bones scattered around the fire pit that were shattered to scoop the marrow out, me thinks they liked to hunt people.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2773.msg61574#msg61574 date=1225419397]
Perhaps they sucked at hunting, but judging from all of the human bones scattered around the fire pit that were shattered to scoop the marrow out, me thinks they liked to hunt people.
[/quote]

What are you hinting at Tony?

wtf[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=2773.msg61576#msg61576 date=1225419860]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2773.msg61574#msg61574 date=1225419397]
[/quote]

What are you hinting at Tony?
[/quote]

wtf....Gomerider grafted simplex!

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=2773.msg61570#msg61570 date=1225415883]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2773.msg61569#msg61569 date=1225415609]
Well not to completely take the blame off "whitey" but I'm sure if you introduced the modern hunting rifle to most of the native population they would have put a dent in their populations as well.[/quote]That's an interesting question. Most people believe that Native Americans didn't waste resources because they respected nature and all that. But maybe they just sucked at hunting so had to use all they could! :D
[/quote]

Not to put down the whole "one with Earth" mentality that's often attributed to many Native American tribes, but I bet in time, with technology they'd overpopulate just like us white folk and do the same thing. You have to remember it wasn't whitey overpopulating through fornication, it was through migration.

Back