Cali Kid Corals

Circuit City Bankrupt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_bi_ge/circuit_city_bankruptcy

My company and my wife's lost a lot of money because of this guy.. More people get lay off :( .. It's really suck to find a job now..

It's sad that it affects so many people but big companies are slow and will die if can't adjust.

There were several cases when I needed to buy something fast and CC or BestBuy didn't have items in stock. I can actually buy (new) things on ebay cheaper and get it next day (since many online stores are in CA). Funny that Amazon did sooo well last year even with economy slowdown.

ah... gotcha. So you're losing indirectly. Well they aren't the only company that sells those products though right? So you'd be hit hard from the economy in general not from any particular store?

Unless you worked for Monster Cable, then no one likes those guys :D

Ha! Monster Cables. My wife was getting hard-sold by the salesman at CC when we bought a new TV last year. He kept telling her that he can't sell her the TV unless she picks up a $140 HDMI cable; because the $9.99 cable won't work with it. After about 5 minutes of trying to tell him "no" in a nice, ladylike manner, she told the guy "Dude...just stop...give me the TV..." :D

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5939.msg75049#msg75049 date=1232135231]
From doing biz... CC sells HP computers, printers (my company) and Lexar cards (my wife)...
[/quote]

Hey Phong, which company do you work for?

My favorite story with "A/V expert" (granted at Best Buy... but they're just as bad), was asking what was different between the 5.8Ghz cordless phone and the 6.0 DECT phones... his reply? "That ones point 2 better"... guess I should be happy he could do math.

[quote author=itsacrispy link=topic=5939.msg75096#msg75096 date=1232145935]
From doing biz... CC sells HP computers, printers (my company) and Lexar cards (my wife)...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I work for EDS - an HP Company.. HP Bought EDS last year.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5939.msg75108#msg75108 date=1232149699]
[quote author=itsacrispy link=topic=5939.msg75096#msg75096 date=1232145935]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I work for EDS - an HP Company.. HP Bought EDS last year.
[/quote]

Oooooooh. Can you provide hookups for high speed document scanners? :p

We have an employee discount which isn't that great.. Cheaper if you go to Fry's ;D .. 10% off retail price isn't good compare to sometimes 25% off at Fry's ;) ..

Just wait for couple weeks when they have super sale at Circuit City ;D ..

Back