High Tide Aquatics

Clownfish Tank Advice

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I have a mature pair of ocellaris (over 10 years old) and a BTA they used to host in but are currently separated from. They currently reside in an Eclipse tank, maybe 12 gal, but need a new home. Thought they were going into a Biocube 14 but it looks like I am not getting that tank, which means my options are open!

Do you feel 12 gal of tank space is too small for the pair? When they lived in a 55 gal they never ventured more than a few inches from their nem. Should I give them more space?
If I went with a larger tank it could be cool. Maybe I could add a shrimp-goby pair, softies, interesting inverts. Tankmate suggestions? I have a Kessil 160 ready to use but could consider an alternative.
Tank suggestions? It needs to be standalone, no sump, probably less than 3' long but I have not measured. A Biocube with no hood sounded appealing because it is self-contained and could house a little fuge in the back.

8e1b9a3b9c29514296346a2faa60267f.jpg

Innovative marine 25 lagoon

Now THAT would be great. I will be keeping my eyes open. I really like its depth front-to-back for a smallish AIO tank.

I saw an innovative marine 30g lagoon at Neptunes. What if you added a bunch of juvenile clownfish of different color morphs and all kinds of colorful anemones to create a clownfish harem tank? How cool would that be! For further inspiration: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/Clownfish-Harem-tank-is-2-years-old-update/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 25 IM Lagoon is probably too small for a "harem" tank." The actual water volume in one is only 20 gallons and that won't support many adult Clowns (once they get there.) Plus the quarters are pretty tight.

I saw an innovative marine 30g lagoon at Neptunes. What if you added a bunch of juvenile clownfish of different color morphs and all kinds of colorful anemones to create a clownfish harem tank? How cool would that be! For further inspiration: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/Clownfish-Harem-tank-is-2-years-old-update/

OH YEAH! I thought about that awhile ago but thought it needed a huge tank. That would be fantastic.
Bruce, you bummed me out with the reality check on tank size, but thanks.

I think I saw a 20 gallon Fusion tank, similar to the 25 lagoon, for sale on RC. Came with stand and media baskets and some other goodies for a decent price. I was thinking of picking it up myself, but the wife would kill me

I think I saw a 20 gallon Fusion tank, similar to the 25 lagoon, for sale on RC. Came with stand and media baskets and some other goodies for a decent price. I was thinking of picking it up myself, but the wife would kill me

It's gone. A club member bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back