Neptune Aquatics

Corner tank overflow help?

xcaret said:
I'm in the eternal debate of setting a 70 I've been working for years but the space calls for a 90, not OK with the wife but the space tells me 90 ! 90!
stand of the 70 is 44" and the 90's footprint is 50" I have both tanks/stands ready but for whatever little reason I just postpone the tank swap.
Just like the person you know, is/was to set a 70 but a 90 in more ideal

...just a small coincidence.

:lol: Ah now that makes sense. He's had the 70 for a few years, it's a project tank (needs a new rim) so if he can find a larger tank that doesn't require replacing the trim I'm pretty sure he'd be all over it :D

iCon said:
Gresh - lmk if you have an interested buyer. it's brand new, stickers and all..never filled it. you can name a fair price and/or i'll check stores and knock off whatever % makes sense.

I'll wait to hear what the OG posters says about your offer to him first, I don't want to step on any toes. If he declines I'll bring this to my friend's attention :)

I am using 2x 250w MH and 2x 48" RB LED strip lights. I don't have the massive amount of $$ it would take to go all LED's and I still am on the fence about how they look over all. I really like MH :)

FWIW, a 400w (or even 250) looks great in a Lumenarc III over a 3'x3'x2' high "cube". 120g IIRC. Man I miss having tanks that size/shape. If you put it in a canopy, putting 4x 4' or 3' actinic t5's w/ indiv reflectors aimed inward at an angle you can get some nice colors.

Well I figure all LED is more money upfront but less when it comes to the monthly electric bill. So the LED's will pay for themselves within a few years.

For me, since I am a SPS guy, it would take far more then a few years. If I were to do all LEDs and try to match the 2x250w MH I would probably need around 8 white units + 2 or 4 blues. @ $250 a pop you're looking at over two grand. They pull around 48 watts each, so there is not much saving in terms of over all watts. They only thing I really would be saving is cost of new bulbs.

Back