Our mission

Crazy Blue Steel Zoanthids!

Apon said:
what was I the only BAR member who had the strength to just say no? : )

they looked nice, the larger pieces...the smaller frags were closed so I didn't buy any. I guess you have to get them while they are hot!

I didn't get one because I'm broke :| ..

Just curious but how's everyone frags doing? Some folks reported theirs don't look too good and the last colony we have in the shop showing sign of withdrawn as well. Does anyone else have similar issue? Just want to know for my future refference. TIA.

Mine looks poor, but I'm still adjusting my water. Thanks for helping me with my water. I recalibrated my refractometer. The salinity is rising slowly, and I'm letting the alkalinity decrease a little. Thanks again for your help.

One of my frags has some white fungus looking stuff on it, the other is receding and turning yellow... :( Similar post over at nano-reef about these.

Both my 5 polyp frag and my 40 polyp frag are going down. I did not see any disease. They would do fine for a few days, then start shrinking. Eventually the polyps become very thin (still the same length) and not open anymore before dissapearing. Most polyps are doing this with a few still holding in there for now. I have the frags together with my other zoas, and others do not seem to be affected so far.

robert4025 said:
You BAR guys cleaned us out good! Thanks!

We fragged out the last colony but didn't get too many small frags out of it due to the density of the rock. My dremel diamond blade was sparking while trying to use it! We ended up doing it the old school way with a chisel and and beefy hammer. Worked great but the chunk are relatively large compared to the small pieces we've been selling. So, sorry guys, the last folks who want a piece will have to take those big chunks.

Robert, did you pick those polyp that failed off your workbench :D

Sounds like African blues that I picked up a couple of years ago.

African%20Blue.jpg

They wilted away after about two weeks as well.

Rick778 said:
Mine were doing great until 2 days ago , then started shrinking. Everything else in the tank is fine.

mine did the same exact thing...in the beginning all was fine and dandy until several days ago...they shrank and never opened again...all my other zoas are doing great. i wonder if they are hard to keep?

this is the same thing that happened years ago as I posted about in the beginning of this thread, same looking zoas, same deaths. The ppl that kept em alive said they developed a purple coloring and are now known as purple hornets..............

Back