Our mission

Crazy looking Fungia

sfsuphysics said:
its also under an absolute shitton of blue spectrum light.

The first one is. I'm pretty sure the last two shots are pretty true to color. These plates are pretty rare but I've actually seen a couple that look like this online. From what I know these plates are coming out of Australia.

Well what does that even mean "true to color" you can put a coral under actinic lighting and the way it looks is "true to color" :D I'm not saying this isn't a nicely colored piece or that some of the colors are falsified, but blues bring out fluorescent pigments that are typically not seen. Something about the other corals in the last picture that look like they're under a heavy blue light as well can almost see the blue hue through everything, including the cyano all over the bottom.

sfsuphysics said:
Well what does that even mean "true to color" you can put a coral under actinic lighting and the way it looks is "true to color" :D I'm not saying this isn't a nicely colored piece or that some of the colors are falsified, but blues bring out fluorescent pigments that are typically not seen. Something about the other corals in the last picture that look like they're under a heavy blue light as well can almost see the blue hue through everything, including the cyano all over the bottom.

I really don't see the blue in the last picture. The last picture looks like it was taken under ~14,000k light.

iani said:
I really don't see the blue in the last picture. The last picture looks like it was taken under ~14,000k light.

1. Turn on a ton of actinic/blue light and take a picture
2. white balance
3. profit

The pic won't look like it is under actinics, but you get a bunch of fluorescing pigments popping out that wouldn't under ordinary lighting.

I've seen fungiids like this and IME/IMO it looks as pictured. Reason I say this is I've been sent a few hundred insane fungiid pics a little while back and a ton looked like this. The photographer did nothing to the photos and does not run actinics (he's an importer).

GreshamH said:
I've seen fungiids like this and IME/IMO it looks as pictured. Reason I say this is I've been sent a few hundred insane fungiid pics a little while back and a ton looked like this. The photographer did nothing to the photos and does not run actinics (he's an importer).

Meaning the guy (importer) who sent me the photos does not PS his photos.

I have no clue who the guy is selling the $5 one ;)

Reef Keeper said:
melly mel said:
You guys seen this plate coral this guy is selling on RC? I've never seen one like this before. Crazy colors and price!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742219

If im out of bounds posting another site on here mods please remove.

Hey there M.M.,

Can you add a picture to this thread as RC only allows members with >50 posts and >6 month membership can view that forum. My curiosity is getting the better of me on this one.

Thx :bigsmile:

R.K.
Reef Keeper said:
melly mel said:
You guys seen this plate coral this guy is selling on RC? I've never seen one like this before. Crazy colors and price!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742219

If im out of bounds posting another site on here mods please remove.

Hey there M.M.,

Can you add a picture to this thread as RC only allows members with >50 posts and >6 month membership can view that forum. My curiosity is getting the better of me on this one.

Thx :bigsmile:

R.K.

Here you go. Didn't realize RC had so many changes on there forums besides the homepage.

Back