Cali Kid Corals

Cuttlefish

Muchos Garcias, Rich! I will definately keep you posted of their arrival (not soon). Oh yeah, Rich, are you farming anymore?
And Mike, maybe I'll have to put you in charge of cuttlefish feed delivery.

I guarantee death for all living things, hopefully later, rather than sooner. If you can keep it for a year, then you did it right. None of us in the hobby have been 100% successful in keeping all of our purchases alive for their "normal" life span. We try, and do the best we can. I've been at this for over 30 years. I've floated a lot of bags over the years!

They sound very interesting but watching it go through senescence and having it possibly last for months is something I don't think I could deal with.

-Gregory

Kensington Reefer said:
I guarantee death for all living things, hopefully later, rather than sooner. If you can keep it for a year, then you did it right. None of us in the hobby have been 100% successful in keeping all of our purchases alive for their "normal" life span. We try, and do the best we can. I've been at this for over 30 years. I've floated a lot of bags over the years!

Corals and anemones are theoretically eternal ;) I agree with what you're saying, it's just that a year or less is such a short time for something so intelligent and interactive, even if you do everything right. I'm with Gregory on this one.

I am, however, intrigued by whatever Rich is breeding. Probably Architeuthis.

Thales said:
Here is the newer one
http://www.tonmo.com/cephcare/sepia-bandensis.php

TONMO.com is certainly the place to go. There are sometimes captive bred ones available, though S. bandensis is in no danger of being over collected, so have it at with the wild caught eggs.

They are totally fun and if you can keep a reef you can keep these guys - the hardest thing is the food for the first month or so.

Thales said:
There is also this:

http://packedhead.net/2010/display-husbandry-and-breeding-of-dwarf-cuttle/

Let me know if I can be helpful. :D

Updated bookmarks! Eventually I'll have a fishroom and the space for cuttles, and with some luck cuttles will be readily available from our own BAR breeders. :D

Cuttlefish are so cute. Not as creepy as octopuses and more fun than a nautilus. After it dies you can dry it in the sun before grilling it for a tasty treat >)

I've always liked the toxic little bluering, but no octos for me at present. There's a 2" gap on each side of the hood & tank... unless you were offering him up as a snack?

Back