got ethical husbandry?

DBTC #1 Extra Super Extreme

Good to know....

my 7mm & suit up with my 3mm. Hee Hee :eek:)

Usually I'd flag something
like that, but since it was a BOD, I figured it would'nt help matters for anyone,

Reef Keeper said:
Reef Keeper said:
Good to know....

like that, but since it was a BOD, I figured it would'nt help matters for anyone,
Reef Keeper said:
Good to know....

....Are you talking to me...?"
Reef Keeper said:
Good to know....

New guy is talking to himself ^^^^

:~

< steps quietly out of the thread >

This particular board, not you or I, is riddled with some sort of bug(s).

I sent this from my PDA, and it posted in triplicate when I tried to add a quote.

Maybe someone can look into it rather than making fun at me, even if it is a user error as so often is the case.

Two BODs getting on my case in one day. What a club. You guys are way too much for me to handle in one day. You probably shouldn't get me started. It wont do anyone any good. Show a little respect. Unbelievable.

Maybe you and Gomer should go at it. Flaming is not allowed on most boards, but somehow you guys get away with it. You're something else. Get a clue why don't you.

Why don't you do us both a favor and mind your own business. While I know you mean well. I feel like a being doubled team, by two people (officers of the club) who don't even know me. It's not a good feeling. I've been a member like you for for a short time. I have to imagine it doesn't feel nice when you read some thing that bothers you personally, like my response to you. So it's better you leave yourself out of this one. I don't always choose my battles wisely, that's my problem. This club means a lot to me, and if I have to leave because of a couple of wise guys, that would be too bad. I'm trying to let these feeling pass in private. Maybe those two will get the message and wise up. Sorry, but lately, I've been taken too much crap from people not to stand up for myself - harmless or not.

Can you please point to me where I was sending an attack your way? You said I was both double teaming you and bantering with you. I have two posts in this thread both directed at Jeremy and both 100% harmless. One was a "look on the the brighter sides of things" post and the other about tomato making the sandwich better.... /shrug

Reef Keeper said:
Why don't you do us both a favor and mind your own business. While I know you mean well. I feel like a being doubled team, by two people (officers of the club) who don't even know me. It's not a good feeling. I've been a member like you for for a short time. I have to imagine it doesn't feel nice when you read some thing that bothers you personally, like my response to you. So it's better you leave yourself out of this one. I don't always choose my battles wisely, that's my problem. This club means a lot to me, and if I have to leave because of a couple of wise guys, that would be too bad. I'm trying to let these feeling pass in private. Maybe those two will get the message and wise up. Sorry, but lately, I've been taken too much crap from people not to stand up for myself - harmless or not.

Wow you took that absolutely the wrong way, I apologize. It was in jest, as in a playful joke. If I or Tony was even remotely flaming you, you wouldn't be the only one posting about it and we'd both would be in trouble (against the UA). You might want to simple PM the person you think is offending you and see if that was even their intention. Sorry for your trouble and I'll simply not reply to your posts as so you don't misconstrue my actions as flames.

The simple fact is, neither Tony or I were flaming you.

And you are right. There is a odd quote issue with this forum. I noticed that the other day. The trick is to erase the quoted post prior to posting as it appears the software adds it in when posting. I know if you use the preview the quotes build up like they did on you.

heh. No hard feelings at all :) I was more confused than anything. You are dead on though. Text...even with a Gresham dose of smilies:) :p ;) , still doesn't convey as well as the spoken word. This place is full of good folk and VERY VERY rarely does it get hairy..and when it does, someone (Usually Charles or Norm) comes in with a razor.

And I still want to have that sandwich WITH tomato! (fun fact: my wife loves tomato but hates the seed pulp...she makes me remove it whenever I use it in a dish!)

Gomer said:
heh. No hard feelings at all :) I was more confused than anything. You are dead on though. Text...even with a Gresham dose of smilies:) :p ;) , still doesn't convey as well as the spoken word.

:lol: you know the winky smiley kills me :lol:

It's not the first time I've been miss read and it won't be the last. Letter and words hardly convey what I feel most the time!!!

Joel I look forward to meeting you in person but I hope you don't have to think of me as an opponent :)

Pints all around (Jeremy is buying I hear)

LOL / Thx.

The "worthy opponent" part was only meant as a play on words to tie into the Fight Club metaphor. It was just a reference. :0)

I think that's a good idea. Nothing like a beer summit to straighten things out. I'll be the one in the wet suit (Just kidding, but it could use a good dusting off). :) Jeremy's done enough for me already. I think this one is definitely on me. Let me know when you're on the Coastside. There are some good places to lift one's spirit.

JC

Thanks Gresham,

Apology gladly welcomed and accepted.

I was going to post an observation that came to me, a short while ago, about this thread alluding to a Smack Down or Octagon Match that I thought was apropos and fitting for this thread; and the outcome. I did not realize I was walking into a Fight Club, so let's kiss and make up: You too Gomer. Just kidding, or am I? Yes, I am. HEE HEE. :0)

I don't want any of us to feel we can't post back to one anothers' threads. I probally should not even gotten in the Darth Maul thread, and let Jeremy tell folks about his Vibrio event. I will always welcome your feedback. After your last post, I consider you honorable person and a worthy oponnent. I spend way too much time on this site and lost myself in it. I'm not a blogger type and get scrappy when I think I'm drawing fire. My apologies to you as well.

Here is a compilation / recap of the fight:
Jeremy: Umm Did I say fight, round one Bryan vs Tom"
Seminolecpa: Nice DBTC turns fight club. I am in
Northbay-Reefer:Awman I don't like to fight BAR member ... but in this case, how about we'll do it Octagon style ??? I got a mean round house :D
LeviT:I say we get those inflatable sumo suits and boxing gloves and put them in a bounce house! it's be like extreme bounce house madness!
TuberRider: Haha Super #1 LE smackdown.
Seminoecpa: Sorry no foreign objects allowed in the ring. Live rock would hurt!
Lord Helmet:can i just get in on the battle royale.

The punishing continues.... Everyman for himself, so to speak. In reptrospect, this is almost funny. Sometimes writing stuff doesn't always come out like it's meant too. I'll try not to take anyone too seriously from here on.

And to Erick: Sorry to beat up on you. It must have been like walking into a right hook.

Hope we can put this all behind us.

Happy Reefing,
Joel

OK guys............."Ding"..................Now, how about this incredible coral? Is there any about ready to come back into the DBTC system? :|

BTW, while you guys are dukin' it out and determining who will be the Alpha Wolf, I'm going to be offering couple's counseling to the women! 0:)

John, I put two frags back into DBTC several months ago, but this coral is a slow grower and doesn't like to be fragged. My colony is finally recovered and starting to take off again so soon I'll frag some more for the DBTC program.

I did notice in the RC buy and sell forum, someone is selling the Darthmaul but it is not the Darthmaul but I didn't say anything :D oh well ...

The problem with naming corals is that everyone wants to name them and there isn't really anyone that can stop them. Darth Maul is a popular character so a lot of people with black and red corals will probably get to the Darth Maul name pretty easily. Then there are the people who think what they have is close enough to a named coral that will try and get LE/Named coral prices for theirs.

Back