Neptune Aquatics

DBTC Changes

I rolled out some changes to the DBTC system today. The biggest change is that there's now a frag entry for the creator of each chain. That lets us include chains which have just been created in the list of available frags.

It was a pretty big change code-wise and I ran into some problems rolling it out. Unfortunately, I had to restore the DBTC data from last night's backup so if you added frags to the system today, you'll need to re-add them. Sorry about that.

I also removed 'karma' from the DBTC statistics. The BOD is in agreement that karma is having a negative impact on DBTC since it makes people hesitant to accept frags.

Finally, I grouped the DBTC pages together in the navigation menu so it's easy to find them.

Please let me know if you run into problems.

-Erin

So much easier to find available frags. Much easier to browse a list of available frags so that you can find what you're looking for. Thanks! :)

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it.

Matthew, I'm glad you can find what you're looking for more easily. Keep in mind, though, that DBTC is really about what you can give rather than what you can get. The more you keep that in mind and focus on what you can do for other people the more this community will respect you. Just something to think about.

pixelpixi said:
Matthew, I'm glad you can find what you're looking for more easily. Keep in mind, though, that DBTC is really about what you can give rather than what you can get. The more you keep that in mind and focus on what you can do for other people the more this community will respect you. Just something to think about.

I know. :)
I'm just waiting for my corals to grow out before I make frags. I have a couple of PPE Zoa frags, but I'm waiting for them to color up before I post them.

Thanks for the hard work. I've not delved deeply in the DBTC section, but I know NCRC used the same model and I really like how it's setup.

I was wondering my chains never showed up in the available frags section. ;) This really makes it a lot easier for club members ti find frags. Awesome work Erin.

Great work developing this module for Drupal maybe one day all reef forums that have DBTC in place will adopt Drupal and your module to expand the program.

I am also thankful for creating it and helping out the fellow reefers in organizing the coral tracking system.

Erin, do you think you could help Adolfo move our DBTC stuff from our old drupal site at www.norcalreefclub.com over to our new drupal site at www.norcalreefclub.org.

Adolfo was having issues and thought the only way to do it was to manual move each thread without the corasponding posts and then change the OP,s name and relog all frags (a lot of work with 250+ frags giving out). I figured you may know a way to just transport the chains

Back