Neptune Aquatics

DBTC Dwarf Sea Hares from LiveAquaria

kinetic

Supporting Member
So I was ordering a few live things from LiveAquaria the other day, and decided to pickup a cool "Dwarf Sea Hare" from their invert store. LiveAquaria folk like to pack more than one invert sometimes, but in this case, it wasn't that great. In one night ALLLLLLLLLL of my algae is GONE. At least the majority of it is. I think in a week they should be ready for more food.

I'd like to DBTC these two guys, but here are some rules:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Even with algae, you need to have a few inverts live in your tank to prove your params are good for these
[*]Have no exposed pumps where these guys will get sucked into, or at least while they're staying there you have those pumps off
[*]Have enough algae for them to feed on for at least a week
Promise to properly drip acclimate, as they are sensitive like all other inverts
I get line cutting privileges if my algae decides to go nuts
Basically just have a subtable tank with plenty of algae and nothing that'll eat them, keep them alive!
[/list type=decimal]

I also hope we don't pass them around *too* much, the stress can't be good. Also, only one sea hare per person, these guys eat A LOT, having two will deplete algae resources too quickly and they'll be changing homes too often. Big tanks bonus!

this may have been passed out already but do you still have the sea hare, for whatever reason i cant get the hair algea out of my tank for the life of me.

Hey Chris,
Sorry I gave him away to a friend of mine. He's not in BAR. If I can get it back I'll let you know, but don't wait up. LiveAquaria has some nice ones, just be sure to carefully acclimate them, they die quick otherwise =(

You should note this is a DEAD DBTC then as the chain has been broken in club terms.

Back