Jestersix

DBTC mushroom

Redish with blue dots. It has grown about four times the size it was when I got it as a rider on another frag. It has not liked my tank or my refugium. I thought mushrooms were easy? My guess is the flow keeps it from opening. I now have a gyre going so the tank is brisk most places.

Pick up Saturday at the BOD or in Berkeley. Let me know what you like.

Attached files

Hi Richard,

This one looks like the one I was supposed to give you a while back. Do you still want it? Although that wouldn't make much sense.

I find this mushroom is more finicky than the others. Doesn't like flow, doesn't like to be touched. Likes to be left alone on the bottom of the tank.

I tried this one on the bottom of my tank, but with the gyre the bottom is choppy. It is even getting blown with the K 1 in the refugium. Thanks for asking. I think I am off this type mushroom, or at least as soon as someone claims this one I am off.

i was rearranging the rock on which this little mushroom came from and found to little babies. I am going to let them grow out a bit and then return them to the DBTC program. Give or take a few weeks to a month or too.

I'll keep you guys posted when they become available.

Is it growing just from the light source, or is it taking in some food you add to the tank? That is wild, babies in the same time frame it sat in my tank.

i drop a blend of foods into the tank but never direct feeding of corals except my RBTA.

I feed spirulina 20 ocean nutrition F1 pellets and cyclopeeze and rods food, started oyster feast and a regular dose of phytoplankton.

Most of these foods go towards the fish whatever floats around gets eaten by the corals and clean up crew.

Well i have to say i am now a proud reefer to give back a frag of this. The baby mushroom is now healed and growing. If anyone wants to try this one please let me know. Pick up in Milpitas or East San Jose.

Thanks

Gen 2, way to go! One coral free. If this were Green Marine you would be back a 10er, but here for one frag only, free. Cannot beat this offer. The economy is down have one free while you can. Thanks Adolfo for growing this out.

Can you tell this is the first chain I started to make it to gen 2?

(disclaimer, any casual plug of Green Marine is coincidental and not necessarily intentional)

Solitaryensis said:
Id like a frag if there is one still available. Thanks in advance.

Its yours. I live in San Jose and work in Milpitas. I can also drop it off at Neptunes or wait til the next BAR meet swap.

This mushroom used to be big but shrunk a little but its got really nice color.

I will get picture of it in a few hours once i get home. Its the size of a dime at the moment. It used to be quarter size when it branched off the main mushroom.

Back