Reef nutrition

dbtc pink milli?

i had this for maybe 6-7 months , only 1 frag , need to know your lighting set up and how long system been running, pick a # from 1-10 and standard dbtc rules apply.

IMG_4783.jpg

another shot

IMG_4784.jpg

Never tried real SPS like this... I have a bunch of mushrooms which might foul up my water and kill this thing... Never killed a monti cap but this is a whole 'nother ball game for me. Do you think it would do ok in my tank?

you got the light and flow part of it .......the parameters probably the only thing i would say are a big factor, probably would'nt hurt to move some of you gsp and put sps up high after acclimating to your lighting. let me know if you want it.

Looks nice Serg, looks like you're falling into the "black hole" not being able to get someone to prop that bad boy out, another nice one! Someone jump on it!

I'll try it, I've never done real SPS as I said before and I feel like I'm asking to much at once seeing that I'm getting 2 other frags from saltwatersig... But if no one wants it, I'm pretty sure I won't kill it.

Fragged a couple of the tubes growing off the sides of this thing tonight. I've never fragged one of these before but I think I did ok. Frags are probably about 1/4" tall, I'm going to wait a bit to see if it starts encrusting before offering them up.

IMO you should wait to give frags that are about the same as when you received them. If you don't each generation will get harder and harder.

Fragging seems to have gone well, checked them out last night and all polyps were nice and extended as usual. The frag I got from Sergio didn't really grow up it; it encrusted onto the eggcrate below it, kind of got fatter and extended tubes all around it. Does that mean anything in reference to light, flow, etc?

[quote author=badbread link=topic=4531.msg90351#msg90351 date=1237484822]
Fragging seems to have gone well, checked them out last night and all polyps were nice and extended as usual. The frag I got from Sergio didn't really grow up it; it encrusted onto the eggcrate below it, kind of got fatter and extended tubes all around it. Does that mean anything in reference to light, flow, etc?
[/quote]

Millis love to encrust before growing vertical, you need to be patient with them. Once they take off they are some of the fastest growing Acros out there, they just need time to lay down a base.

Back