Neptune Aquatics

DBTC- PURPLE HORNETS

Just like my other previous DBTC's , I want to introduce my new DBTC of Purple Hornets. Yes these are real PH's sourced from Gary of ReefPets the originator of the Purple Hornet zoanthid. I really wanted to also create a DBTC of the Blue Hornet and Red Hornet but I recently lost both colonies so I want to at least offer BAR folks the Purple one at the least.

I've also had these guys for a long time now and prior to getting out I want to distribute several of these to folks that can and keep these guys alive. I will also place the same requirements that I placed on the previous DBTC's to these PURPLE HORNETS ZOANTHIDS as well.
( If you can't obide by them or don't want to follow my requirements and therefor not join, I totally understand )

the requirements I have for these guys are.

1. To be grown out only to be given to DBTC, this piece will be given out as strictly DBTC pass around / grow out.
2. Whom ever it's given to shall also abide by the same requirement and shall put the same requirements to whom ever it's passed down to for DBTC
2. NOT to be offered for SALE or for TRADE ( I really don't want to see this in Ebay/CL/ coral forums offered for trade or sale.
3. "If" I ever return to the hobby, I get 1st dibs on frags of this piece.

The true intent of this, is to pass it around for free and grow out to be pass again and again with out any personal gain. If you can abide by this and ensure that anyone that you also pass down this coral to also abides by the same rules then you can have one. I have made 3 frags at the moment. Once the other 2-3 DBTC frags have been picked up this will give me space to place the Hornet Frag. I will take at least 5 folks for now that I will place as the first 5 to be given the PH's once they are going to be fragged. No numbers to pick or games, just Let me know why you should be picked.

I have not made a lot of public DBTC or give away's most of my contributions were more lowkey and not public, so before I fully get out I want to go out with a bang with giving out nice looking polyps for people to continue to share.

This is the picture of the mother colony from where I'm cutting several polyps from. I have not yet made some
DSC_01776.jpg

DSC_01787.jpg

If you don't know what they are, here are some links to give you an idea of what they look like.
http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=6623

-Best is to pick up from me at my work in Genentech in SSF. MAKE SURE YOU LET ME KNOW HOW AND WHEN YOUR GONNA PICK EM UP

I would be delighted to grow them out and pass them along through the BAR DBTC program.
There is a very good chance that will happen if you choose me.
http://www.bareefers.org/home/user/83/dbtc

Add me........ I love purple hornets.i am zoa friendly tank I'm very good track record..... I have experience with hornets n will to give you a red as well

I would like a frag of this if possible.

I hate talking highly of myself but for this sweet frag I'll oblige....I have a long history of contributing many rare and (somewhat) expensive corals into the DBTC program (http://www.bareefers.org/home/user/81/dbtc) and you can rely on and be assured that I will continue to propagate and distribute this coral as much as possible.

I also have a track record of environmentally conscious husbandry through my anemone propagation tank (http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/12313) and my "Nothing From the Ocean" display tank where all the fish have been captively bred, all the corals have been grown from 2nd generation frags, and all the rocks were self made using concrete and sand.

I could pick up the frags from you at your work during my lunch break pretty much any day during the week.

Those are beutiful just like your velvets!!!
I've got 3 baby heads on that one already :)
I don't mind waiting on other generations, but if there any left, I'd like to be considered.

I can add you all if you want them, best time is to get to me today, wifey is out and I have time to get these out. just holla at me on my cell.

Maron and Colin will be making your frag today.
NewHobby, I'll try to make you a frag today as well but I'll see as these polyps grow way to close to each other. If I can, will you pick up at my work again?
Coralreefer (mike) I will also try to make one today for you. Ill see if I can manage another one out of that colony.

650-IS350 said:
eldiablosrt8 ( jess ) thanks for stopping by and nice meeting you again.

sweet tank... these might make it might not.... my son knocked over cup while i was gluing other corals they havent opened hopefully stressed we will see

Love to be in line too. Zoos are my favorite and every time I have tried to get a frag of these, I got burned. Been keeping Zoos forever and still don't have these.

I can add you on the next round of cuttings. Gotta let the colony heal for a week or 2 till the next cuts as I don't want to stress the whole colony and risk a full colony melt.

Back