Neptune Aquatics

dbtc question: same frag, two different originators?

neuro

Webmaster
has this case ever been an issue?

let's say there is one thread, and one person started that dbtc.

.. but then someone with the same frag, who acquired it elsewhere, added onto the chain? assuming the frag is the same species or gotten it from the same place?

I'd vote for two different threads. It's not always possible to trace lineage and people are sometimes mistaken about the coral that they actually have.

Yup, separate thread would be the scenario here. However, if someone mistakenly created a thread despite the fact that they got it from someone on BAR, ideally there should be capability of aggregating or updating the original thread. Of course, this is probably going to likely be a manual deletion of the newly created thread and an update of the original thread... if there was some smart, programmatic way to do this...

Yup, separate thread would be the scenario here. However, if someone mistakenly created a thread despite the fact that they got it from someone on BAR, ideally there should be capability of aggregating or updating the original thread. Of course, this is probably going to likely be a manual deletion of the newly created thread and an update of the original thread... if there was some smart, programmatic way to do this...

the user would simply go to the original thread and add it, while us mods would delete the thread along with any database entries for it in the process

the user would simply go to the original thread and add it, while us mods would delete the thread along with any database entries for it in the process
Yeah, I just anticipate that it may become a bigger problem down the road as the user base grows but hopefully it won't so long as folks understand the software well enough not to.

Yeah, I just anticipate that it may become a bigger problem down the road as the user base grows but hopefully it won't so long as folks understand the software well enough not to.

i hope to put this at the bottom of my list of things to do, like a dbtc center for admins to deal with b.s. like having to delete database entries and such... but that's way far down the line for now. we can always do the deletion manually

Back