Our mission

DBTC RBTA How do you pronounce "anemone" ?

5. Please post what your system entails and its age. A tank thread will be helpful.

To everyone interested in the RBTA, please see above. I'll keep this open until Thursday.

Also, I can not go to the meeting, so you must arrange pick up from me. This weekend would be best. I live in San Ramon.

Crabby, is your display tank still cycling? What kind of lights?

Elite said:
Ain't you got one already??
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/6065
That's what I was thinking. If you already have one why would you want a dbtc one? Isn't that just being greedy?

Crabby said:
I've been keeping a rose anemone (ah-nem-o-nee) from pianotips in my 12gallon JBJ stock nano DX under PCs for the past 4-5 months with great success. I feed it brine and mysis and a chunk o'shrimp from time to time. It's growing and when fully spread out covers most of the tank. I don't recommend this as a great nano-pet, but just to say that anemones can do OK with only PCs and no skimmer. (not suggesting you should change your DBTC qualifications...)

I'll have to keep that in mind for my Aquapod.

so we have "Ian made me buy it" and now "Lyn made me take it"

sweet!

Norm, we should retro your aquapod for some LED action ;)

Mr. Ugly said:
Crabby said:
I've been keeping a rose anemone (ah-nem-o-nee) from pianotips in my 12gallon JBJ stock nano DX under PCs for the past 4-5 months with great success. I feed it brine and mysis and a chunk o'shrimp from time to time. It's growing and when fully spread out covers most of the tank. I don't recommend this as a great nano-pet, but just to say that anemones can do OK with only PCs and no skimmer. (not suggesting you should change your DBTC qualifications...)

I'll have to keep that in mind for my Aquapod.

Ah Ha! Soooo you DO have space.... :bigsmile:
My original offer stands... Or should I say "forced offer" :D
Hmmm...I think if you post here you are accepting this DBTC? However, I won't do to you what others (I won't name names :D ) have done to me, so let me know if you are willing and able to take it, or you'd like to pass for now. :)

Gomer said:
so we have "Ian made me buy it" and now "Lyn made me take it"

sweet!

Norm, we should retro your aquapod for some LED action ;)

Before it was "Lyn made me take it", it was, "Mr. Ugly told me to grow this because I said so..." :) See below:

"I might not wait for volunteers.... I think Lyn needs to grow one

We need to start a new type of DBTC, DBTC - Grow This Because I Said So"

"ACK!!! "

"Hehe... that means "yes" if you're speaking geek(ACK/NACK)

Done deal "

Hahaha... we're so obnoxious :)

I'd been planning to shut down the Aquapod... or possibly move my frogfish into it. LED project sounds interesting.

I suppose I could make an eggcrate cage and put the anemone in the frag tank under the MH.

So I have 2 24x48 frag tanks plumbed into a 18x48 sump. 2 Luminarc minis with 250w MH on 1 tank, and a single 250 over the other with a light mover(me, haha!). Ancient Euroreef CS6-2 for a skimmer.

Hmmm...

Ok, "DBTC - Lyn Made Me Take This" it is :)

Thx :)

homer-devil-and-angel-E1097XL_sml-7.jpg

Obviously, Ian is the little red guy on the right....

"Dude, you need that coral!"

:)

Norm, Im actually tempted to do an LED setup for my biocube (full LED this time) If you are really interested in paralleling it, let me know and we can get some ideas flowing (sorry to hijack, Lyn)

hahaha LOL :bigsmile:

All yours Norm! :) BTW, your systems sound perfect. :D

Sorry everyone else... But I know that once it splits, it will be back in the program. :) :)

Gomer said:
Norm, Im actually tempted to do an LED setup for my biocube (full LED this time) If you are really interested in paralleling it, let me know and we can get some ideas flowing (sorry to hijack, Lyn)

No problem Tony :) Anything to help Norm with HIS anemone. :D

So, according to this site, this is how you pronounce "anemone". She says it really fast, so listen carefully.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?anemon01.wav=anemone

Norman, I need to set up delivery of the anemone to you. I would like to do it this weekend because we are planning on heading into town. Are you in the city or close to it?

Current pic of the RBTA in the 12g Aquapod.

Lighting is 2x32 watt PC.

1 x 10,000k/6,700k dual daylight.
1 x 10,000k/actinic 50/50

With just the 50/50 running, the bubble tips show. With all the lghts on, the bubbles go away.

DSC_0166.jpg

Back