Neptune Aquatics

DBTC Ricordia Available

patchin

Supporting Member
I have two frags of an orange ricordia with blue background available at the Dec meeting. Original piece aquired at my first frag swap. I will pick the winners on Wed. The Ric has multiplied a lot as it dropped babies as it has moved around my nano. It has done well under pc lighting.

I fragged another so you are all winners. Bluenassarious, Matt and Lyn will have a Ricordea at the meeting (at the Aquarium Showroom).

My naughty peppermint shrimp ate the orange Ricordia during the Chrstmas holidays. :( Well, most of it anyway. I moved it to another tank and I am hoping that it will grow back. It is making some progress, I think. The only thing is, it is no longer orange... ???

IMGP4152-1.jpg

I'm hoping that the color will return as it grows larger. :)

BTW, it is attached to an upsidedown plug. It is that small.

Mine is not growing fast, but at least it is growing. My recent success with new ricordea/yumas is pathetic at best. My existing colonies are all doing great, but new ones are not. This one is at least growing, even if it is slowly.

This Ricordia was growing until the setback. I found that it likes to eat mysis. Now the mysis are too big for it...sigh. I'll have to try arctipods for this tiny thing. Do you feed yours?

I also found that they prefer med light over high light. In the high light, they scrunch down and close up a bit. Unfortunately, I had to move them back to my high light tank to get them away from my peppermint shrimp. I'm trying to keep them in the shadows a bit.

i got this back at the december meeting from the rockstar :bigsmile: it finally decided to drop a baby. i cut the rock the mother was on to separate the baby. it's up for grabs

must be a bar member and stable tank. delivery at the regional

Back