got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: X-treme Edition! - Blue Cesptularia

Mr. Ugly

Past President
[move][size=24pt]DBTC: X-treme Edition ![/size][/move]

cespitularia.jpg

This is the famous Blue Cespitularia - sometimes incorrectly referred to as Blue Xenia.

This coral is at mid tank level under 250w 20k Radium, and it really wants more light than that to get a deep blue color. I'll be moving a few pieces higher up.

This coral grows well if you keep your alk, pH, and lighting high.

I'll start with 2 frags for now.

Who do I want to get these frags?

I'll do something a little different here...

- you are a BAR member

- you have started at least one DBTC-X, SX, Super Duper X, XXX, X Overdose, etc.
- your friends call you the King or Queen of Xeniids behind your back :D
- you will prop and return two frags to DBTC-X
- you agree not to sell this coral, but after returning frags to DBTC, you will trade frags of this coral for other super duper cool stuff to start more DBTC-X offerings :D

These requirements also go for anybody that participates in this chain.

Let's see what people can do with this potentially fast growing X-treme softie!

:D :D :D

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.6 meq
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.5
s.g. 1.026
temp 78

Ok, lets get these to Wayland and Rich.

I don't think I recall ever hearing you guys ask why your xenia keeps melting :D

So really... prop some for DBTC and start trading it to bring more cool stuff into the program :D

At some point I want to see Radiolunatic farming this one. I know he gets around :D

Might pulse slowly, but the polyps are small and there's too much water movement in the tank to tell. Guess I should pay more attention :D Definately not fast like silvertip or pompom.

Don't let that anywhere hear my tank. I can't keep Xenia (and most likely Cesptularia) in my tank for the life of me though I don't care as much now as I did when I first started.

-mark

Back