Our mission

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

Not sure but have you thought he could have some sort of internal parasite?
Yep, Brandie suggested that could be the issue. I ordered some PraziPro and as soon as it arrives, I'll be treating his food with it.

I finally got him to eat last night though. I had to try all the different foods I have and the only one he will eat is H2O Spirulina enriched brine and mysis mix. Weird, finicky fish. I was feeding spirulina flakes, carnivore formula pellets, mysis, cyclopeeze, and ova and he used to eat those fine. Now the last couple weeks he won't eat any of those.

Try Rod's food! LoL, that's exactly why I got it haha. ^.^ Lots of different foods, different shapes and sizes, and there's usually something in there that everyone will eat. It's even frozen in coral slurry so the corals will like it too ;)

I just wanted to share a few photos of Podrick. He's now been in the tank for 12 days and he doesn't look like he has lost any weight! Yay! I hope he continues to do well for me.

These aren't the best photos, but I was trying to show his belly. He's still sausage shaped
smile.png

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3714Edit.jpg

Here are some better photos of him.
IMG_3728Edit.jpg

IMG_3726Edit.jpg

I'm working on getting a blue velvet nudibranch to eat the red planaria in my main tank. Hopefully it will come in on a shipment tomorrow and I can go pick it up. Once it eats all the flatworms in my tank, I will be putting it into DBTC so that it doesn't starve. I figure the club can pass it around to tanks that have a flatworm problem.

Podrick (my new mandarin) is such a piggy! I mixed his usual ova with mysis and brine shrimp tonight and he ate the mix without batting an eye. Apparently he likes frozen shrimp as much as he likes ova. He sure isn't picky at all for a wild caught mandarin. How did I get so lucky?

Anyways, here's a video of me feeding him tonight. If you watch closely, you can see him suck in big clumps of the food.

In tank news, I didn't get my nudibranch yesterday
sad.png
I was skeptical that Aquarium Concepts could get one so easily since they're hard to find in stock online, so I wasn't too surprised when they didn't get one in their shipment. They did however tell me that it is an item they get in pretty frequently, so I just have to call every week and see if there was one on the shipment. Hopefully within a month or so I can get one to take care of my flatworms for me
smile.png

Back