Neptune Aquatics

DJ Power Panel Alternative

Just thought I'd share my find. Was going to buy a DJ Panel, but these were cheaper, and saves space too. I got the black color, but I think its out of stock for now.

U10-1112-D.jpg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=914023&CatId=5313

Problem with those is how they are wired. DJ panels are FAR more robust and FAR less prone to catching on fire.

I've heard well over a dozen stories about multi-outlet strips burning house down. Not somethign you want to skimp on.

I could use that for computer and other devices so I can toggle the switch OFF indipendently on cell phone, ipod, laptop, etc ps/adapter when I'm done charging, instead of unplug the cables.

I do that with DJ panels. Every device (besides kitchen) is on a DJ panel. I shut them all off during storms as I get bad power surges.

They have better internal connections. Typically your normal "multi-outlet strip" is a two bus bars laid down across the outlet. DJ panels typically are spot welded for a better connection and use thicker bus bars. The bus bars can heat up, melt the plastic, connect together and start a fire.

DJ panels also have the outlet on the read and the button on the front. Makes for a cleaner look :)

Back