High Tide Aquatics

Dosing hydrogen peroxide

2X per week until killed. 1X per week for 2weeks. Maintenance is 1X every 2 weeks. Dosage is 1ml per 10 gals.

Dick Flanagan

So when you say 2x week, you mean 2 ml per 1 gals? Is that a single dose or one day and the next?

Anyways, dosed 3ml in a 30gal yesterday (1ml per 10 gal) and i saw a small patch of HA floating around today. Never seen that before..

I received a bottle of Vibrant. Wish I had read the thread better first.
For some reason, I dropped a digit on the calculation in my head. :confused:

Bottle is 8 oz = 250 mL.
Entire system = 350G = 70 mL per week, going to 35 mL per week.
So I get about 4 weeks. Oh well.

If the reason the algae showed up has been corrected then you don't need the maintenance dose. However, for me it keeps the glass cleaner and the water crystal clear, and the cost is minimal.

Dick Flanagan

Current status on dosing Vibrant : Not so great.

Been adding Vibrant for about 2 weeks now.
The main change - A moderate outbreak of Cyano. :mad:
No visible change in algae or coral.

My Nitrates have gone down. They were already pretty low.
I did not check Phosphates unfortunately.
I have seen Cyano outbreaks before when Nitrates were super low, and Phosphates were not.
(Redfield ration)
So my theory is that Vibrant rather rapidly dropped Nitrates, but not Phosphates, helping the Cyano.

I have seen other people on RC report trying Vibrant and having a similar Cyano issue.

I'm on week 3 not seeing much either. But I'll let it go a few more weeks. Dosing twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much from me either. I've been 2x dose a time, not 2x weekly.

I do see small to medium sized clumps of hair algae floating around once a week not sure where its from though..

Back