Jestersix

Dosing Pump Selection for mostly SPS display.

The total tank volume is gonna roughly be 60-70g (including sump).

For ca-alk maintenance, I am initially designing for dosing saturated kalk (separate from ATO replenishment) and later bring on two/three part as demand increases.

I'm struggling with pump selection. My thought process first......

I'd like to avoid computer/phone based interface......but could be convinced.....the red sea dosing pump interface seem really nice. I am a KISS type of guy. I'm a "too poor to buy cheap things" type also; so price is not a determining factor. I'd like the option for automated water changes so I'm leaning toward 3-4 pump heads. The dosing pumps will be in the garage so noise not a factor. I already have a Ranco temp controller and Kessil Spectral controller; so getting an Apex / DOS is a bit of a stretch too.

So.....I'm leaning toward GHL, Eshopps, maybe litemiter.

Thoughts?

My preferred doser these days is the Neptune DoS, but you've indicated you don't want an Apex so I'd recommend a Bubble Magus Doser. I've run three of them in the pasty on various tanks and they are excellent.

I have the coral box dosing unit. It is app based but having used the bubble magus and jebao units before, I prefer the app for easy programming.

It has 4 heads and I use it for cal, alk, mg and bacteria.

The total tank volume is gonna roughly be 60-70g (including sump).

For ca-alk maintenance, I am initially designing for dosing saturated kalk (separate from ATO replenishment) and later bring on two/three part as demand increases.

I'm struggling with pump selection. My thought process first......

I'd like to avoid computer/phone based interface......but could be convinced.....the red sea dosing pump interface seem really nice. I am a KISS type of guy. I'm a "too poor to buy cheap things" type also; so price is not a determining factor. I'd like the option for automated water changes so I'm leaning toward 3-4 pump heads. The dosing pumps will be in the garage so noise not a factor. I already have a Ranco temp controller and Kessil Spectral controller; so getting an Apex / DOS is a bit of a stretch too.

So.....I'm leaning toward GHL, Eshopps, maybe litemiter.

Thoughts?

I used BRS 1.1 ml dosers and woods digital timers until I switched it up and used a calcium reactor. It's as simple as it gets. No phone/computer control. Just plug in, setup schedule on the timer after you measure and confirm dosing output, and that's it.

Ghl stand alone doser 2.1. I'm using a doser 2.1 and a doser 2.0 right now for various dosing and it's spot on. I also have two dos under my cabinet. They are cool too except I needed more pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a BRS 50ml doser so I am familiar with those units

Are the cheaper units (jebeo, bm etc) variable speed or time dependent ?
Is the ghl variable speed ?

I have a BRS 50ml doser so I am familiar with those units

Are the cheaper units (jebeo, bm etc) variable speed or time dependent ?
Is the ghl variable speed ?
The bubble magus, jebao and coral box dosers are all time dependant. Once you calibrate the system, it runs the pump long enough to put out the programmed volume and it can do it at what time interval you choose.

If I remember correctly, you had to choose the time to start and the volume of each dose on the jebao and bubble magus dosers.

On the coralbox you set the daily volume, how many dosing instances and time Pera meters and it devices to volume evenly. Here are some pics from the coralbox doser app. My magnesium and cal are a little high so they aren't dosing right now.
c0d5f10b654b541f99df3495bc503fa8.jpg
08a7a8e8286f0484f2ddcd13d347a4fe.jpg

Back