got ethical husbandry?

Dotty back ATTACK

I have had a strawberry Dari back for 5 months now. Along with his two other tank mates are yellow tang and a clown fish in a 55 gallon. They have gotten along just fine Dori back is always been the most aggressive one. Today I bought three pajama Cardinals and one flame back angel fish. After acclimating the fish I stuck them in my tank. And immediately my dotty back started picking on all of them. But he especially picked on the flame Angel. They have basically been going at it for the last hour. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning with a dead fish or two or come home from work tomorrow with a dead fish because the daughter back has been harassing them nonstop. I'm thinking about putting my dotty back in a 10 gallon tank for now. My yellow tang seems to be a little aggressive as well. But not to bad. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or mistakes on my part. Anything will help at this point I'm afraid of losing the flame Angel.

Also. Dottyback has a bunch of eggs in her and because she is fighting she seems to be releasing eggs. Maybe her aggression is coming from eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can put the offender in one of those in tank hang on hospital tanks. That way they still see each other but can't hurt each other. Worst case scenario you get rid of the fish.

Her aggression is probably because she's a Dotty. They are often aggressive especially if they were in the tank first. I had one that was in a nano tank for a few weeks and then I introduced two clowns. She was relentless. I moved her to my main tank and she's been a model citizen from day one because everyone else was established already. So try seperating her in a hang-on tank thingie for three days and then reintroduce her.

I think I'm going to try separating her with the hanger on the back hospital/breeding container for a week or so and see how that does my biggest issue is I don't know how to catch her she dives in the rocks every time I get near.

So I have a water bottle trap in my tank for the last two days and haven't been able to catch her. I was able to catch every other fish in my tank but her of course. So now I'm trying the mirror technique. But of corse my yellow tang is more interested in him self then any one else he has been fighting home self none stop for 20 minutes.

Tang's always go right for the mirror and it usually seems to be the Yellow's that get there first. I've had mine go non-stop with it for three days at a time. At one point I had a Yellow, a White Tail Bristletooth and a Blue tang all attacking themselves. They were eventually joined by a Hawkfish and a Mandarin occasionally. It was pretty comical seeing them all posturing in front of a 5X5 mirror.

So new update!! My new dwarf Angel has been cowering in the bottom corner underneath my filter for the last TWO days. And the dotty back would not allow it to move more than 6 inches from each corner. Even though you can see the angelfish wanting to explore the tank the Dottie back would not let him. Tryed the fish trap for two day no luck and two hrs ago I tryed a mirror and with in two minutes the angle fish was able to explore a little more of the tank. 40 minutes later angel fish is swimming all over the tank while The yellow tang was distracted by fighting himself in the doggy back was just watching the yellow tang fight himself and still allowed the angel fish to swim around the tank without fighting. It's been over two hrs now with the Mirror in and I think the dotty back is afraid of his reflection he avoids the mirror and her and the angelfish are tolerable fighting no longer abusive bully now its the normal amount that my dotty back picks on everybody else.

Back