High Tide Aquatics

*drool*

Kensington Reefer said:
It's a shame that 90% of them will be dead in a month!
I hope I'm wrong
Drool...or tears?
Why?
I would think that most of these fish would go to collectors who do some serious QT and provide exceptional environment for the fish to live out their days. Of course some of the fish are delicate, ironically like the bluelines, and they checkout like flies but nowhere at 90%.

Kensington Reefer said:
It's a shame that 90% of them will be dead in a month!
I hope I'm wrong
Drool...or tears?

Ummm, drool is the easy answer, unless you think flushing tons of $$$$$$ down the toilet is a good idea, I'm sure from the collector to the eventual owner that is taken into consideration.

Tears for common disposable fish that get killed by the truck load in our hobby with the notion that you can just buy another for $20.

That blue spot jawfish is gorgeous.

Probably one of the few fish that I'd buying on that page (from a tight fisted penny pincher perspective :D)

And they have pictures of thumbnail darts on the same website! :bigsmile:

I don't really support taking fish/corals from the wild. I'm not on a strike against buying anything wild-caught, but I think there are better choices. It would be awesome if everything was maricultured or grown/bred in facilities.

Mariculture is great, *sigh* but if only True Perculas and Clarkii Clowns looked half as good as the wild caught ones. I love the ORA dottybacks and can't wait to get me some of their pellet eating mandarins and psychedelic dragonettes.

Benaminh said:
Mariculture is great, *sigh* but if only True Perculas and Clarkii Clowns looked half as good as the wild caught ones. I love the ORA dottybacks and can't wait to get me some of their pellet eating mandarins and psychedelic dragonettes.

I see CB clowns that blow the doors off of wild ones... its all about the feed and the broodstock.

Do you have any clowns now? I've got a challenge for you if so :)

tuberider said:
Tears for common disposable fish that get killed by the truck load in our hobby with the notion that you can just buy another for $20.

Oh man, so true

this is for them

flickyourbic.jpg

GreshamH said:
Benaminh said:

I see CB clowns that blow the doors off of wild ones... its all about the feed and the broodstock.

Do you have any clowns now? I've got a challenge for you if so :)

No clowns at the moment. What's CB and what challenge did you have in mind?

CB = captive bred (industry term for tank bred fish - mariculture in this hobby/trade solely applies to corals grown in the ocean)

If you don't have clowns, no challenge for you :) You've got mail BTW :D

Back