Jestersix

Duncan

Is that the Duncanopsammia from the raffle?

Just use a turkey baster to target feed some mysis or pellet food when the tentacles are out. Turn off/down your circulation if the food doesn't stick to the tentacles.

They'll do fine just grabbing whatever food is circulating when you feed your tank/fish too.

If I have leftover food that my frogfishes don't eat, I'll give it to the Duncans sometimes. Not lately though. The Duncans grow too fast :D

When you are repying, click on additional options then you can upload it.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2499.msg25813#msg25813 date=1192504969]
Once I figure out how to download a photo, I will post a blurry one.
[/quote]

My duncan's have done real well with me placing small pieces of shrimp, squid or octopus into their tentacles. I use a plastic pair of tweezers and size the piece of meat appropriately for the size of the head.

Here is my 2 cents but I haven't been doing this too long so if some of the veterans could back me up or shoot me down, feel free.

If your polyps are taking food everyday it's not going to hurt them (at least I've never heard of obesity being an issue in marine life :D) I offer my people eaters food everyday but they don't always take it. As long as your Duncan polyps are eating what you feed them (so you aren't over feeding your tank and by that I mean there isn't a bunch of decomposing food floating around) and they aren't starving you are doing alright.

Jendub did say that overfeeding micromussas makes them get really puffed out from the skeleton and that the colors aren't as good.

That might explain why my sun coral is a little on the pink side.... well I had already decided to cut back feeding them so I'll try and let you guys know if their color oranges up. I was thinking the color change was because of new flesh since they are growing so fast but that was just a weild guess.

Back