Reef nutrition

East Bay RODI source?

I am in the east bay/Hayward and am looking for a good source of RODI water. I have seen a few places offer filtered water but am lookin for a better source. I know I should just get an RODI but that isn't in the cards in the immediate future.

Any ideas on where to go?

ok, I asked the one place nearest to me and they said they didn't know. I've also seen another store add conditioners to the water which makes me a little leery. I was just hoping someone had a suggestion of a store they actually use. I guess its to the for sale forums to try and find a rodi for myself. I need to start savin!

I bet some of the LFS around would sell you RODI. I've owned my own since getting into the hobby so I never had to look around for it... meaning I am useless in telling you where to go, sorry :(

If they are adding stuff back, I suspect they are using RO. They add stuff back to make it taste better. You can ask to not have it treated, that part I know from friends that buy drinking water but want to add in their own mix.

When I lived in S.F., I used to buy my RO/DI water from the machine inside of Whole Foods. I called the filtration company to confirm that they tested their machines twice a month, and regularly replaced filters. Maybe there is a Whole Foods in your area...

Ok, Thanks everyone for all of the replies. I will check out the water place near aquatic collections, that so far sounds like my best bet for now until I can get my own unit. Hopefully I will in the next month or so. When I was in Roseville my friend had a large one and gave me water so I never needed to think about it until I moved out here.

Gresh, thanks for the help and suggestions. Hopefully soon I will have my reefing routine here down. It has been a long time since I have shopped for anything out here, let alone looked for things like water.

I'll have a look around, but at one time I had an extra RODI from Kent (Maxcap 90?). It'll need a new membrane and all filters will need to be replaced. Never mind, it would be cheaper to buy new now that I think about it :(

Back