Kessil

Ed's 195 LeeMar build.

Finally starting my build thread, I have been working on this for over a year. I started off on August 2009 when i broke off my 220 sps and bought a 195 Lee Mar, thinking that it would be an fast and easy upgrade...wrong!! Over a year later i finally completed the set up.
Heres the new tank specs:
195 LeeMar Starfire 64x32x22 with custom stand.
48" Sfiligio XR4 2x400, 4x54watt T5, with 6x moonlight.
BK Alpha 250 skimmer with Avast Marine Swabbie.
Avast Marine, Davy Jones waste collector large.
ATB Flowstar 3200 return.
Schuran calcium reactor with Cole-Palmer MasterFlex dosing pump.
1/3HP Teco SeaChill Chiller TR20
Apex Controller with EB8 and 2x DC8, IO
Geo Kalk Reactor
Precision Marine media reactor.
Litermeter 3
4x MP40ES and 2x MP40W gen 2
I think thats is.. now here some lousy pictures.. i got ZERO skills with the camera.. I have a good camera, but lousy shots. bare with me.. I hope to learn how to take decent pictures one day.
Heres a shot last year when the tank was first moved in.
DSC_0207.jpg

Jesus and Chris..
DSC_0208.jpg

Pedro and I inspecting the corner damage during the move.
DSC_0057.jpg

Awesome movers..
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

Me.
DSC_0055.jpg

drip tray installation.
DSC_0061-1.jpg

Plumbing parts.
DSC_0242.jpg

Return manifold.
DSC_0249.jpg

NOW, a year later

full tank shot
8d70c9ae.jpg

Left side rock work
d6d77ba6.jpg

Right side rock work
e275a008.jpg

Sump/filtration.
e5bafa1c.jpg

Skimmer
14bf45eb.jpg

Return
64f26a91.jpg

MP40s
37d69840.jpg

Calcium Reactor
75c8d1b0.jpg

Chiller
00b388df.jpg

Apex
3965a265.jpg

Reactors/waste collector
ff537e12.jpg

More pictures to come...

Very nice I like the pro wiring job with plastic wiring duct, etc... And those flat massive shelves with all that space underneath. Very nice!

Looks nice Ed.

Is that stand on top of something? Or just a really tall stand?

I know you have some pretty beefy lights for it, but the way those two rock structures look it almost looks like it'd be a nice fish only tank. Although I'm sure whatever direction you go it'll look great :D

thanks guys.. its been a long build and finally completed it. The goal was to complete it by the end of the year. So, it was pretty close.

Mario, i'll give coralkeeper your chalice frag.

Dave, thank pretty nice to have space in the sump.

thanks Cookie.

JAR.. haha im actually looking into getting Lightroom software..

Bryan, thanks dude.. hows the new baby? regards to the family. Erik complements your tank. he told me nice thing about it. Hope to see it one day.

Mike, the plan is to have sps on top of the rocks and chalice, acans and scolys on the sand bed. Hopefully it work out. but im planning on adding alot of fishes as well and it'll be fish only for a while.

Very impressive setup Ed! Love you rockwork, i guess that minimize debritus built-up and provide ideal placement platform for SPS, can you share how to make such structure?

Btw do u have any concern on the weight of XR4 on top of light trees?

Ryan, yeah the rocks are made out of fiji dead rocks. Most are mid to small pieces. here are some pics.

999e642a.jpg

is used anchoring cement, then soaked the finish product into fresh water for 5 weeks.

haha jesse, without Pedro. we would have hard time getting the tank and stand in the house.

let me know when you're moving, i'll more than happy to help. Pedro, marcus and I moved Pedro tank all in one day.

Awesome tank and really digging the scape :) . Might do the same rock+epoxy combo for building my scape but in a much smaller scale.

drdoolittle said:
Ryan, yeah the rocks are made out of fiji dead rocks. Most are mid to small pieces. here are some pics.

is used anchoring cement, then soaked the finish product into fresh water for 5 weeks.

Just cementing not rods connecting rocks to the anchor?

Back